Stoner Rock/Metal Thread

screenshot_2014-12-16-10-48-25-1.png

So stoked for this festival.

Headliners not on this photo are Sleep, Pentagram and Cult of Luna.

:kickass:

Godfuckingdammit I wish we had something like that here.

Listening to this heaps lately:

So much heavy.

Also I checked out Bongripper the other day, pretty great despite the stupid name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig The Graviators. I have their s/t and thought it was pretty groovy.

Damn good fucking lineup for that festival. Jeez. :kickass:

I personally love that UFOmammut album. The bass work on that is incredible. The album on a whole has a really good flow, despite it being, you know, quite "spacey" nothing really seems out of place.

Didnt vibe with that Graviators song, a little to trad in the vocals for my taste.

I still have yet to check out that other Oro album. I liked the one before it, but havnt heard that one. And I just found out their new album coming out this year is a live record...Cool, but not what I was anticipating.

Stoked to see them this year at MDF after they cancelled a few years back...And were replaced with Pallbearer...:erk:

Doooomed has some pretty legit stuff (as always) thats reasonably priced (not as always) on their site right now.

They have a bunch of Acid King and Dead Roots Stiring by Elder. Very tempting...

Doooomed is awesome in that the dude that runs it will buy the fucking rarest presses and list them. Its expensive but i still dont see him making a ton of money from it.

I really like Anselmo's work on it. His vocals suit that album like anywhere else. And Bury Me in Smoke is a fucking killer, so is Eyes of the South.

I'm doing this thing for the next month where I exclusively listen to albums staring with the letter A. Any recs?

AMPLIFIER WORSHIP - Boris

/discussion

Edit:

Others that came to mind.

Absolutego+ - Boris
Atma - YOB
Advantic Songs - OM
Angeles of Darkness, Demons of Light - Earth

Has anyone checked out this band? I've posted them a few times and nobody says shit, remembered today how awesome this song is.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EWA5v4ts-KA[/ame]

Sounds like a junky Church of Misery... Not that its really a bad thing. The vocalist is kinda sucky.