Stoner Rock/Metal Thread

Witch_bundle_large.jpg

A bit pricey, but so worth it.

Psycho in Vegas just announced their initial lineup.

So far kinda whatever, imo. The fact they moved it from CA where it was weed friendly to Vegas that is not, is a huge no no...

But they still have 60+ more bands to announce, which I know will deliver, but Vegas is...Shitty, expensive, and not weed friendly...

Saw these guys in Germany last year. They're playing here next month and I should go. Super high octane psych blues rock. The singer/guitarist who looks a bit like Fenriz broke a string three times during their set while pounding the shit out of his strat and just kept playing and casually and quickly put a new one on while talking to the crowd and introducing the next song.

Reactions: paul545 and KafkaX
What's some good psychedelic doom more like Zaum, Om, and Bong?

Monkey3 and Sons of Otis are pretty good if you're open to more of a rock vibe. I dig them. Otherwise Ufomammut is solid if not familiar, Dark Buddha Rising, Woodwall, Earth less, Causa Sui, 35007... List goes on and on for ambient psychadelic vocally-lite doom. I found these bands when I was specifically seeking psychedelic space doom, if that helps.

Reactions: Draehl
Saw these guys in Germany last year. They're playing here next month and I should go. Super high octane psych blues rock. The singer/guitarist who looks a bit like Fenriz broke a string three times during their set while pounding the shit out of his strat and just kept playing and casually and quickly put a new one on while talking to the crowd and introducing the next song.

These guys rip!

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Going to this in a couple of weeks. Closest thing we've had to a stoner rock festival here so far. Should be pretty great.
12487021_10153858188759508_7637679317297864736_o.jpg

Going to this in a couple of weeks. Closest thing we've had to a stoner rock festival here so far. Should be pretty great.
Wasn't so great. Note to self: Never ever go to a gig at a town hall ever again. Large box with loud bands in it sounds like balls. Had fun though. Decent beer on tap all day and good food trucks. Beastwars were best on ground largely because the sound was half decent for their set for some reason.
image.jpeg

I'll just keep posting in this thread by myself then.

Adelaide band Hydromedusa:

Deep Purple as all hell but really well done.

Reactions: CiG