Stoner Rock/Metal Thread

I have a love/hate relationship with the band...Their EP Horseback Battle Hammer rocked my fucking socks off with its fucking insane amount of heaviness, but Monnos left me a bit disappointed. Felt a lot lighter...

How do you feel about Monnos, should I revisit it?

Everything Conan has done so far has been gold IMO. You definitely should check out Monnos again.
I wouldn't really call them stoner though, they sound more sludgy to me. *shrug*

I really liked the new OM...Then again all their albums have been fucking awesome. :kickass:

Looking forward to checking these guys out at MDF this year:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive Rwake a few chances and they never stuck mainly because of their vocals...But when I saw them in concert they cracked me a little. Pretty badass. Been digging em a little more and more with each listen since.

Yeah, had the same problem. The talking/screaming vocals are almost too hardcore sounding, but the music is catchy and thankfully they don't do those vocals throughout the songs. Awesome!

Karma to Burn is so awesome, I feel like been missing out by not knowing them before.

clutch-earth-rocker-tour-poster-2013-promo-pic.png

This tour is gonna be badass.

03/09 Nashville, TN – Marathon Music Works
03/10 Sauget, IL – Pop’s
03/11 Little Rock, AR – Juanita’s Cantina Ballroom
03/12 Tulsa, OK – Cain’s Ballroom
03/14 Dallas, TX – Palladium Ballroom
03/18 Colorado Springs, CO – Black Sheep
03/19 Salt Lake City, UT – The Depot
03/21 West Hollywood, CA – House Of Blues
03/22 Tempe, AZ – The Marquee
03/23 Las Vegas, NV – Hard Rock Cafe
03/24 Anaheim, CA – House Of Blues
03/25 San Francisco, CA – Regency Grand Ballroom
03/27 Reno, NV – Knitting Factory
03/29 Seattle, WA – Showbox at the Market
03/30 Portland, OR – Roseland Theater
03/31 Boise, ID – Knitting Factory
04/01 Missoula, MT – Wilma Theater
04/02 Spokane, WA – Knitting Factory
04/03 Vancouver, BC – Commodore Ballroom
04/05 Calgary, AB – Flames Central
04/06 Saskatoon, SK – Odeon Events Centre
04/07 Edmonton, AB – Union Hall
04/09 Winnipeg, MB – Garrick Centre
04/10 Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
04/11 Des Moines, IA – Wooly’s
04/12 Chicago, IL – House Of Blues
04/13 Grand Rapids, MI – Orbit Room
04/15 Syracuse, NY – Wescott Theater
04/16 New Haven, CT – Toad’s Place
04/18 Toronto, ON – Sound Academy
04/19 Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE
04/20 Baltimore, MD – Ram’s Head Live

I could possibly go to the PA show. Was talking about it with the lady. (She's a big clutch fan)

Would love to see Clutch, missed out on them passing through Denmark last month. But looking forward to the new album.

On a different note, The Atomic Bitchwax is selling their entire discography digitally for 5 bucks at their website.

Any of you guys extremely disappointed/disgusted by the new Homme/Reznor/Grohl power-trio garbage? I know the latter two are far from this genre, but Kyuss was king for me.. to go from Sky Valley to this just breaks my heart.

Didnt know anything about it, tbh.

Listening to this right now and it just reaffirms that this was my favorite stonery album from 2012:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hboz_3m-LJg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hboz_3m-LJg[/ame]