Storyline Question

Riverstone

New Metal Member
Sep 16, 2007
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I'm a bit confused about part of the storyline. There are a few minor things, but the big one is after the "clouding" and human memory was erased, shouldn't there have been enough evidence for them to piece together their past. I mean, they would have been technologically advanced to pose such a threat to the Setian race and would have had lots of documentation and/or physical clues to their past. Only thing I can figure is that they were actually from another planet and placed here on an empty earth just prior to being subjected to the "clouding" event. The song suggests that they then sub-grouped with others who looked alike or spoke alike and ventured off to populate the earth. Is there a storyline for dummies that explains the series of events in more detail? Am I just overthinking this or am I missing something obvious that will help snap this whole thing into focus?

I mean, they would have been technologically advanced to pose such a threat to the Setian race and would have had lots of documentation and/or physical clues to their past.

Dude: when Jon says "clouding" he means "clouding". Men had simply no idea that there are the Setians and then there is them in the first place. They were obliterated of the fact that they would have an enemy, and therefore they had no clue that there is a race they should pose threat to.

I agree. The human tendency to control and domiante is "quite innate". They attack Setian race because they can.

In regards to the original post, I can swallow the fact that the collective human memory was completely wiped out, but what about the buildings and infrastructre of human civilzation? Shouldn't there be a bunch of old military equipment laying around? You know, the stuff they used to attack the Setian race with in the first place. Was all physical evidence of the humans past also wiped away by the clouding?