Street Team Flyers in the mail

Phxthrax

Phoenician STOMP MONSTER!
Jul 15, 2002
In between
headbob.gif
Just got the color flyers in the mail for distribution. AWESOME, I'm keeping a few for myself for nostalgic reasons for in a few years, but I'm on my way to pick up the wife and I'll defiinitely hand some out there! STREET TEAMS UNITE!

Phxthrax said:
headbob.gif
Just got the color flyers in the mail for distribution. AWESOME, I'm keeping a few for myself for nostalgic reasons for in a few years, but I'm on my way to pick up the wife and I'll defiinitely hand some out there! STREET TEAMS UNITE!
FINALLY. Thanks for posting that!
I asked my Sanctuary source and never got a reply. What does it say? What does it look like????
About how many did you get?

Here's a run down (wish I had a scanner): It's the size of a postcard. One side has the b&w photo of Thrax that is also the concert street flyer that has "THEIR BEST ALBUM SINCE SOUND OF WHITE NOISE!" - Kerrang, kkkk written in the just above the middle of the flyer . Under that, it has the Anthrax logo (no pentagram, just the way the name's written) and under that it has THE LONG AWAIYED NEW STUDIO ALBUM FEATURING "SAFE HOME".

Below that it says: ENHANCED CD FEATURES A LIVE VIDEO OF "GOT THE TIME" AND A SPECIAL "AMONG THE LIVING / I'M THE MAN / CAUGHT IN A MOSH" MEDLEY!

Below that it says : ON TOUR WITH MOTORHEAD IN MAY!

Next is GO TO WWW.ANTHRAX.COM TO DOWNLOAD EXCLUSIVE MATERIAL NOT AVAILABLE ON THE ALBUM!

For the other side, it has the cover of WCFYA that has another set of hands reaching towards Thrax that's colored in teal/turquoise/sea green, bluish colors but it looks nice, not tacky or cheesy. Above the cover pic is the Thrax logo (again, no pentagram, just the way Anthrax is written) with We've Come For You All
on top of the T H R A X part of the band's name. Under the cover pic it says IN SOTRES MAY 6, 2003.

I really wish I had a scanner, this all probably sounds confusing, but trust me. This is one AWESOME flyer and it's not paper, it's more like thin cardboard. Sturdy enough to staple on a wooden telephone pole near your local high school! I dropped off a few at my wife's work, I plan on leaving them on people's windshields at work I know are metalheads, anywhere I can, I'm gonna leave one. I don't know the amount of flyers, it's a pretty good sized stack, around 100-500 maybe??

Sweeeet.
I just check the mail, and I have the postcard/flyers.
I have a scanner.......

Post it for the "non" street team members so they'll know what they're missing! Killer aren't they?

I got mine yesterday. I will put some in the comic book store next wednesday. Tonight I'm going to oxford a college town and I will be spredaing the disease all over that joint, there are a bunch of record stores and a head shop. This sleepy little town will now know that the new Thrax album is out.

Right fukin on.
I delivered some new Postcard/Flyers to a few CD stores. One of the stores let me tape a flyer on the window.
And the employee asked me how "W.C.F.Y.A." is. I told him it is one of their best. He said he used to listen to them, but he "didn't like their new singer."
I told him that this one had some really heavy songs. I told him about the DImmu Borgir influence on Charlie, and told him about "Black Dahlia" and he was like, "Cool!!"
I then took out my back-up (CD-R) of W.C.F.Y.A. and told him to check it out. He will be playing the album in the store! I hope he does so when there's a whole bunch of metalheads in there.......
headbob.gif

I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but this was a weak promotional effort by Sanctuary. Elektra sent me some Stomp posters, an 8" by 10" with tour dates superimposed, and a few copies of "High Octane" which contained the first 3 tracks from Stomp. Then in 1998, Ig sent me a box of sampler cassettes (with the cool cover), postcards, 8" by 10"s in black and white and full color glossy, and several full size posters.
I will however distribute the post cards at some area retail outlets, tomorrow I'm taking a 120 mile bike tour, I am gonna leave one at every store I hit.