Stride Finds a singer!!

J-Dubya 777 said:
Huh???:err:
I'd take a "weak link" like that into my band ANY day of the week!:headbang:
He's got a GREAT voice, what don't you like about it? He doesn't do coooookie? :Smug:

J-Dubya - Some people never cease to amaze me......

It's all about taste, man. All your years of experience in life must have taught you that! :kickass:

BenMech said:
Nothing. It's just that they kicked ass on the album(s) they did without ANY vocals

I have a certain affinity for instrumental metal bands myself, but that being said, when they decided to bring in a vocalist, Gary was a very good fit for the sound of the band.

... but, I can't say I'm surprised that you chose to phrase it in a seemingly negative way... lol o_O

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, well except for Ben Mech, ha ha.

Everythings been worked out and I'm happy to be back. I've worked with the guys for a long time now, and I don't think I could see myself singing for anyone else. We've already started working on the new live show as well as several new originals, we're all very excited. It's kind of like getting a new band.

Again thanks to everyone for your support, it means alot.

Gary Belin
Stride

Throat For Stride said:

Everythings been worked out and I'm happy to be back. I've worked with the guys for a long time now, and I don't think I could see myself singing for anyone else. We've already started working on the new live show as well as several new originals, we're all very excited. It's kind of like getting a new band.

Gary Belin
Stride

Just don't take five years to put out a new album. =)

Jokes aside, I can't wait what the new album will sound like! I didn't know the band until ProgPower last year, and right after the second song (I swear to God) I ran to Laser's Edge's table and bought the CD. You guys were impressive!

AngraRULES said:
Jokes aside, I can't wait what the new album will sound like! I didn't know the band until ProgPower last year, and right after the second song (I swear to God) I ran to Laser's Edge's table and bought the CD. You guys were impressive!

You enjoyed them *that* much, but then you cut out before their set was done? :D

Throat For Stride said:

Gary Belin
Stride

Don't get me wrong Gary. You've got a very competent voice. I'm just saying Stride would kick ass even if there was no vocalist.

Throat For Stride said:

Thank YOU, Gary, for coming back to Stride! They were a great band without a vocalist, but your vocals definitely took them to the next level, and a perfect fit for Stride's sound, so I'm glad to hear that you're back in! Besides, we would've missed you at the next "post-ProgPower acoustic jam." :)

Can't wait to hear the new stuff! :headbang:

Later,

Craig

sccaldwell said:
Thank YOU, Gary, for coming back to Stride! They were a great band without a vocalist, but your vocals definitely took them to the next level, and a perfect fit for Stride's sound, so I'm glad to hear that you're back in! Besides, we would've missed you at the next "post-ProgPower acoustic jam." :)

Can't wait to hear the new stuff! :headbang:

Later,

Craig

Thanks a million Craig, it's good to be back. Oh and I paid for that "post Pog Power acoustic jam" with a 2 day hangover. I'm not sure if it was 25 beers or 30? :lol: