Stride looking for singer!!

Dammit! What's with all the musical chairs going on in the vox department recently?

In less than two months, Twelfth Gate, Ion Vein and now Stride have all lost their vocalists - and in each case, the vocalist is one of the main reasons I enjoyed the bands so much to begin with.

Crap.

Ken

AngraRULES said:
Why is it that some people here have this thing for Urban (besides Shaye...lol)?
I mean, he is a GREAT singer indeed, but every time some band needs a replacement the first person people start mentioning here is Urban... I mean, come on.. He's not Jorn or anything...

Because he is now a local , and his voice fits the genre. I'm not getting on my knees for this, it was just a suggestion. The purpose of this thread wasn't only to inform the masses of Gary's departure, but to announce that they are looking for a new singer; of course suggestions will be posted. :heh:

BlindPanzer said:
Because he is now a local , and his voice fits the genre. I'm not getting on my knees for this, it was just a suggestion. The purpose of this thread wasn't only to inform the masses of Gary's departure, but to announce that they are looking for a new singer; of course suggestions will be posted. :heh:

I agree with that and know it was just a suggestion, bro, don't get me wrong. =)

But it seems to me that many times he's the very first person that many people recommend. And as far as I'm concerned he's doing fine in Bloodbound, so....

Anyway, there are many great possibilities that would fit Stride very well...

I think Urban would be a *horrible* choice for the band (and I think the world of him). Stride needs someone with more warmth than power to fit their style, specifcially for a song like "How Far."

Yeah, I cannot see Urban singing Time... That's why I'll miss the singer so much, his voice was part of the reason those songs had so much emotion.

Oh, and I guess I meant "I love his vocals on the third one", if you count the instrumental and the Christmas album - even though he sang one song on the 2nd. :)

well they are opinions, everyone has them. It's all a matter of taste so I can't really refute you. Hopefully all goes well for Stride, they were having a succesful year thus far.

BlindPanzer said:
I think they were better when they were instrumental....

Harvester said:
Couldn't disagree more.

Absolutely agreed with Glenn. They deserved a great singer to finish the group. He was awesome and greatly improved the band. Even though they had their singer for two (three?) songs at the PPIII preparty, I could tell he belonged.

And no, Urban Breed does not fit Stride's style. Phenomenal singer, yes, but it would be like asking Burton Bell to front for Ted Nugent!

Gary certainly doesnt have a "typical" metal voice, which is one reason his style blended so well with Stride's music. I hope they continue on in the same direction.

And going back to strictly instrumental would be a major step backwards.

Stride is between a rock and a hard place. I own their latest, and the band is kick-ass amazing with the vocals. If they go back to being instrumental, Stride might as well pack up shop. However, they need someone with range and personality.

The problem with this is that Stride has moved up the ladder quickly. If they get a virtual unknown, aka a local talent, It could stunt the growth that Stride has enjoyed unless that singer perfectly fit the band. However, if they reach for someone established, he might not be able to perform the music to our liking. It is not a very good situation to be in.

Peace,
Ray C.