Studio-log

Man this is just...just....*sniffle*..beautiful! :cry:
Thanks for taking us along for the ride on the recordings. :headbang:

Today I finally finished the long song and that feels great.

Tonight I am actually at home, but not resting on my laurels...
I had to put on some new strings today so to make it sound nice once more you must play it a good number of hours so I am doing that while practising the remaining songs.

I am not sure if there will be anything recorded bass wise tomorrow but at least the keyboards are progresing nicely as well.

Towards the end of this week we'll set up the guitar rig and Johan will phase in as I phase out oer the weekend.

Now back to practising some horrible licks Johan wrote thatworks fine on that petite, feminine little instrument called guitar but requires Steve Vai-like hands to play on the bass. Well, practise makes perfect after all.

See you in a bit!

Wow! The music you make for the fourth album will be simply... breathtaking... aww, damn! the English language hasn't invented any words that are as epic as your music, guys. Keep on blowing our minds, and caressing our souls!

hey Andreas, will you pay for surgery costs when I can't physically get my chin off the floor anymore? The amount of skill, feeling and hard work that goes into such an amazing album (I already know it's gonna be amazing) is so overwhelming some times. My mouth just keeps dropping open involuntarily and I just keep staring at the screen, playing the the vid over and over trying to discern more new things! Keep up the amazing work! Can't wait for some snippets of the rest! :D

I spent a good number of hours in the studio yesterday again and it went surprisingly well. I did what I set ot to do and more.
Since I had some extra time I gave that ol' fretless a second chance and it went better this time around. It certainly was not as easy as I had envisioned...
We'll see if it actually turns out on the album but at least we now have the option to do so.

Today is a day off for me and Johnny will be in the studio to just listen through the drum tracks just to be sure it's all in there the way it is supposed to. I will finish the bass this week and hopefully Johan will start to set up his rig on Thursday night.

Keeping you up to speed!

/A

Today i finished the last song on the album and it feels great of course!
I will spend a couple of hours tomorrow morning going over the work so far, making sure everything is top notch and if not, I plan to fix that tomorrow morning.

Johan has started playing and have done two sessions already and is at it as we speak. Hopefully Johan will share his experience with you all as we progress.

Thanks for staying tuned!

That is good news, Andreas: drums and bass completed..:kickass:

It would be awesome to see a little bit of Johan as well.
Those little snippets really work up an appetite!

Hi everyone!
I been in the studio during the whole weekend and things are going great! 4 Tracks are recorded (except the solos) and I think this record is going to be really amazing.
I hope I will have some time to fix some videos soon...
-Johan

Hi guys!! can't wait for your next record. Please, take your time, don't move too fast :D
Wondering how it's gonna sound like......

Good to hear from you, Johan.
Make a little guitarmagic in the next couple of days!
Indeed, a nice little vid would be great.

In general, for me those little snippets are enough. I really don't want to hear too much/whole sections. It keeps me guessing where things are going or how that part will return on the album.

Ok, we're a long way from the release but the moment when hearing SW4 for the first time will just be :worship:Smokin::p:kickass::OMG::headbang::loco:

Hey People! Today I started up the rusty machinery be recording the first vocals for SW4!!! As usual I`m a bit of a slow starter but at least I am now officially rolling!!=)
Hearing the music come together is always very exciting and for some reason I think it sounds alot like Seventh Wonder.... ;)
I promise that I will keep you guys updated on the vocals with some pics and vids later on!
Thank you all for supporting us along the way!
Now I have to cook some dinner and take care of the household since it doesn`t seem to rain money or butlers over the members of progressive metalbands...=)

Over and out / Tommy:headbang:

^^ :lol:

'The voice' is officially rolling - good news.
All the best to you, Tommy. I'm sure those pipes will create some awesome melodies again!

Hey! Since all the other guys in the band have written here then surely it is time for a greeting from keyboardland.
I have been in my homestudio for about two weeks now and all the basic keys are done!
But no rest for me, now I continue with all small fixes, solos, leads, piano...
Tomorrow, Im putting my Bachwig on and start the work with an orchestral piece.

See You soon, or as Arnold would have said: i'll be bach! :p

Here are some pics of my studio / rig..
http://www.seventhwonder.nu/studiolog/kyrt/IMAGE_008.jpg
http://www.seventhwonder.nu/studiolog/kyrt/IMAGE_012.jpg:kickass: