Studio-log

Thanks for taking the time to post all those news and videos ! That is really nice. I thought the bass parts sounded great.. funny how your approach is looking like a lead guitar player's approach, Andreas. I loved the possibility to hear piano/key with bass, without guitar. Some melodic parts on those videos aren't only impressing from a technical point of view, they are tasteful and strong from a melodic point of view. and it's nice to have a lighter sound... Bombastic parts are OK, but too much loud parts kill the heart of the music. Too many progmetal bands don't know what it is to make sometimes softer parts and lighter arrangements in places. One band that I love which do this like no other is Shadow Gallery. I hope it's going to be the case on SW4. I crave for another big orchestral epic ballad, too, and I'm still eager for those classical music influences here and there.
It's very enjoyable to read you'll break new ground with this record and will try different things... maybe out of the usual metal genre, don't be afraid to do so, really (OK, that's a prog fan speaking). Good luck with the coming work. I'm very eager to see new videos. Marc

Read and signed, Marc :)

Hello Frank, .. :lol: Yes, that's me... Was already here two years ago but the forum wouldn't let me use my usual "very original" (er...) pseudo. The avatar is the same anyway.the length of posts too. :) M

cheers Marc,

we always meet on great bands' forums :)

Hey! Things are moving very slowly in the vocal department due to a persistant cold that never seems to end!:erk: But as soon as I am well I will be on it again for sure! Thank you all for being so supportive!

I`ll be back...

/T

Sorry to hear about the throat problems, Tommy! I'm in the same boat actually, I'm recording an album with my band DarkWinter but got a really bad cold just as soon as I started recording the vocals.. Then as soon as the cold was done, I got strepthroat :p Played a show with it. Not fun. If there's one thing I've learned, its this: If your voice isn't feeling perfect, just wait it out. After a full day of recording bad takes, you've gotten nowhere and you've lost half your range for a few days. :p

So yeah, just wait it out. Don't feel like the fans are pressuring you to get this record completed ASAP, cause I think i speak for all of us when I say: Take your time!

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

Hello!!!
All the rythem guitar is finally finish and today I starting with the clean guitar!
I´m also working on a short video but it seems to be some kind of technical problems?? But I will do my best to fix something for you:loco:

-Johan

Hello!!!
All the rythem guitar is finally finish and today I starting with the clean guitar!
I´m also working on a short video but it seems to be some kind of technical problems?? But I will do my best to fix something for you:loco:

-Johan

thanx Johan, we're really longing for some videos!! :)

The guitar play sounds rally good ! looking forward to hear more stuff before the record is finished Thanks for this oppertunity to follow the work in the studio!

Thanks for the vid, Johan.
Sounds good to me; some typical SW-riffing but some new elements are definitely noticeable as well.