Studio Video

Cool ass video....God I want a Krank....Can you tell us more about the guitar setup/chain.

Sweet vid!! But where is Truman at, y0??

If Andy were to do something like this with all the bands he has coming into Backstage I would happily pay good money for it.

metalkingdom said:
You have great taste in monitors.

Which ones did you like? The Events (I'm real curious about those) or the Ns10s? I had a set of 'em years ago, I thought they were ok, but they sure wear you down fast.
-0z-

Thanks guys. Let's see...

Guitars: Schecter Blackjack with EMG 81 (bridge) and 85 (neck), Maxon 820, Krank Revolution, Mesa Traditional 4x12, SM57, Amek 9098

Event monitors: yeah I love them. I just got those, actually. Had to sell some stuff, but I got a great deal on them used. I love the NS-10s, but was looking for something to tell me a little more about what's going on down low so I compared a bunch. I liked the Events the best; smooth, not too hyped, not a woofy-sounding bass and hole in the mids like the Wackies. It's funny, I got them to help cover the low end, but the think that really stood out was the high end. I never knew how rolled off the NS-10s are up there; judging cymbals, etc. is much easier. Even in my small room (which is treated at least), the low end isn't overpowering and out of control. Definitely give them a listen.

Foam: yeah, just to cut down on ringing and noise.

Central Station: I dig it. Way better than the Mackie Big Knob I used before. Cleaner, smaller and less "in the way", and it sounds good.

Schecter: I dig it, but for some reason the low end seems a bit exaggerated sometimes compared to the ESP I had before. I'm wondering if it's the way the pickups were set up (very close to the strings) or something; I don't really know enough about it to know.

Nebulous, that's my band Theocracy. Thanks for the compliment.

Glad you all enjoyed the video. And I agree, I'd definitely pay to see that kind of thing from Andy. But you can all feel free to pay me in the meantime if you wish. Thanks!!

Matt Smith said:
Guitars: Schecter Blackjack with EMG 81 (bridge) and 85 (neck), Maxon 820, Krank Revolution, Mesa Traditional 4x12, SM57, Amek 9098

Schecter: I dig it, but for some reason the low end seems a bit exaggerated sometimes compared to the ESP I had before. I'm wondering if it's the way the pickups were set up (very close to the strings) or something; I don't really know enough about it to know.

Didn't end up using that pawnshop 5150? :lol:

It could be that the Schecters are so much thicker than most other guitars - it's a huge slab of mahogany that's thick as hell in the middle due to the archtop. Also, IIRC, your ESP was a bolton, so it would have been a bit snappier/had more attack, whereas the Schecter with the set-thru joint will be a bit warmer.