Suggested Bands For Bloodstock 2004

BurningLeather

New Metal Member
Sep 19, 2003
MY DYING BRIDE - will have a cracking new album out next year
ANATHEMA - something for the laydeez
BLITZKRIEG - have a cracking album 'Absolute Power' out now

Other suggestions?

hey, i agree heartily with the suggestions of my dying bride and anathema... twould be truly ethereal... bring on the doom!

BurningLeather said:
MY DYING BRIDE - will have a cracking new album out next year
ANATHEMA - something for the laydeez
BLITZKRIEG - have a cracking album 'Absolute Power' out now

Other suggestions?
Totally agree with MDB & Anathema but what about Budgie or Angelwitch ! And while we are at it here's my other hopeful's : Manowar, Rhapsody, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Nile, Morbid Angel, Serpents Kiss.........

Fanjad Nuts said:
Totally agree with MDB & Anethema but what about Budgie or Angelwitch ! And while we are at it here's my other hopeful's : Manowar, Rhapsody, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Nile, Morbid Angel, Serpents Kiss.........

Budgie & Angelwitch, yep, I think they're still staggering around. And someone just mentioned Lacuna Coil - I think they'd be a popular choice, though I don't care for 'em myself. Manowar would indeed make worthy headliners, though their last album sucks ass! How about:
ICED EARTH - they'll be touring next year, possibly with Ripper Owens at the mic.
LOST HORIZON - saw them at Wacken and they were excellent.

iced earth, manowar, primal fear, hammerfall (more likelly than not), rhapsody, freedom call and gamma ray again (loved em in 02), lecuna coil's a good idea, and of course twisted sister, tho i deriously doubt it

ive herd anthrax,kreator etc. mentioned too, tht would be kl too

There are a lot of bands i'd like to see play next year but I thought i'd put in my vote for Elvenking. It would be great to see them play their own stuff live (despite their superb performance with Martin in 02) and seeing as they have a new album out soon I think they'd be a great choice. I'd love to see Sonata Arctica or Lost Horizon as well Gamma Ray who were just awsome last year.

I know this ain't the first post of it's kind, but I'm rather hoping we get some good, serious suggestions and that the organisers get wind of them! The last 3 years have been a godsend and we need this to continue. Sonata Arctica and Lost Horizon I could live with very easily, so they should join the ranks of the 'most wanted'

Lots of folk I chatted to on the day this year mentioned Halford and I think it would have been great were it not for the fact that he was busy elsewhere. Now that he's back with Priest, I can't see it happening, though several of said metalheads were adamant that Priest should be booked for next year. While I would be thrilled to see that, I can't see it happening. Ditto with Manowar.

If 04 follows on the trend of recent years we're in for a treat, the linup's have been amazing. However, I think some people should be realistic about the possibilities of the next few shows, Bloodstock is still a small festival so I really can't see the likes of Priest, Maiden or likewise being realistic however much i'd like to see them play. I've already made a couple of suggestions but how about some of the following:

Grave Digger
Symphony X
Kamelot
Dream Evil
Finntroll
Labyrinth
Lordi
Primal Fear
Dimmu Borgir

And i'd love to see Children of Bodom there too, how about having them headline one night?

Apparently, it was a toss up between Nightwish and Children of Bodom for this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if CoB showed up nest year...

Sonata Arctica
Lacuna Coil
Evereve (german gothic metal)
Rhapsody
Iced Earth
CoB
Dimmu Borgir
Gamma Ray
A little bolton extreme outfit named scarlet bullet lake....look out for them!

any/all of the above, but especially the first two...and how about the last one vince? Theyre friends of mine...

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
Nevermore \m/

NEVERMORE
ICED EARTH
CHILDREN OF BODOM

That's 3 realistic propositions for the upper end of the bill.

DIO might actually accept the offer, but he's got to cut out the drum solos!

I personally think that the 2 strands of metal that seem to be favoured - old-school / melodic / classic compared with newer / more extreme metal - can work very well together and actually reflect what's happened the last 3 years. Even with the dominance of older bands this year, it was gratifying to see so many 'kids' and gothic / black metal types hanging out and generally seeming to enjoy themselves. One of the many things which unites these strands is that the 'mainstream' media and 'major' festivals largely ignore them. Hence - Bloodstock! That's why bands like My Dying Bride and Children of Bodom, if we're lucky next year, would sit so well alongside the classic rock brigade.