Suggested Bands For Bloodstock 2004

BurningLeather said:
Now that he's back with Priest, I can't see it happening, though several of said metalheads were adamant that Priest should be booked for next year. While I would be thrilled to see that, I can't see it happening. Ditto with Manowar.

I'd love to see Sabbath, Priest, Metallica and Maiden. And Rammstein on the second stage.
Unfortunately we need to get real. Priest will be doing an arena tour next year. It won't include the Assembly rooms. So how about:
Iced Earth, Cathedral, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Moonspell. And for the Saxon / Saracen slot - Budgie and Uriah Heep.

It’s shaping up quite well on paper isn’t it? The ‘relatively contemporary’ lot:
MY DYING BRIDE
ANATHEMA
NEVERMORE
LACUNA COIL
ICED EARTH
CATHEDRAL
ARCH ENEMY
CHILDREN OF BODOM
THE ENCHANTED

The ‘Euro hair’ section:
STRATOVARIUS
SONATA ARCTICA
HELLOWEEN
RUNNING WILD
LOST HORIZON
RHAPSODY
HAMMERFALL
KAMELOT
LABYRINTH
GRAVE DIGGER

The ‘classic / old gits’ section:
BLITZKRIEG
BUDGIE
URIAH HEEP
DIO
ANGELWITCH
U.D.O.
DiANNO

The ‘unlikely to happen’ crew:
JUDAS PRIEST
MANOWAR
TWISTED SISTER

As a compromise, why don’t we get a shit hot Maiden tribute band? And I don’t mean DiAnno…

sal666 said:
What about After Forever..... they are looking to come to the uk next year... why not make it happen??? :) :)

No matter how much metal you listen to, there's always more! What do After Forever sound like then? Sabbath?

Tet said:
Well, I'm sure Vince is getting tired of me mentioning it now, but Borknagar are an absolute must for 2004. Failing that, Apocalyptica. And Rammstein to headline on the Saturday :) (OK, but at least it's slightly more realistic than Manowar)
Rammstein unlikey as the venue will not allow Pyrotechnics, and that they are already a UK Arena band (ref NEC, Manchester Arena etc). Doubt we could afford them!

why would antone want rammstein, im sorry if this offends but in my head the word rammstein is closely associated with that oh so dirty term 'nu'.... stear clear... please....

Here's a list maybe of few potential Headliners Some previously mentioned and some not:

Manowar
Motorhead
Twisted Sister
Savatage
Gamma Ray
Dio
Blind Guardian (Bring em back)
Accept (Yeah Right)
Iced Earth
Stratovarius
Queensryche
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Helloween

BurningLeather said:
No matter how much metal you listen to, there's always more! What do After Forever sound like then? Sabbath?

After Forever are sorta in the same vein as Nightwish.... ie... operatic vocalist, with male grunter, and heavy guitars.... but i find them a lot heavier than Nightwish!!! In fact they are about to release a new EP at the end of next month, with a cover of Iron Maidens "The Evil That Men Do" on.... pretty cool stuff!!!

With 2 albums under their belt, they have a lot to offer the uk!! They have previously supported Nightwish, and have toured pretty constantly all over the Benelux, but have yet to grace us in the UK with their presence!! Hopefully 2004 will be their year!!! They have a new album due for release early in the year!!

I can't wait!! :headbang:

cyberfella said:
Cruel Humanity

Vader

Dismember

Dio

Yes, Yes and Yes!!!

Well death metal ain't allowed and Dio is a walking Legend, who I can't really see playing Bloodstock.

But I do agree with you about them.

CoB were good live last year at Wacken but I don't like the newest album, sounds like it has been made easier on the ears to sell more,

In Flames were utter dire at Wacken, they sound like a Nu-Metal band, not even Death Metal anymore, must have been the tour with Slipknot.

DogVomit said:
I think it was a semi-joke William

Yes it was.

It was a sarcastic joke at the people who say that "assholes" will spoil it if any death metal bands turned up, thus meaning death metal isn't allowed.

Ok maybe Dio could play, that would be very cool.

Vader, Dismember AND Dio would be a lot cooler, but as I said... :yell: hopefully some great Power metal bands will be at Bloodstock next year and a few "Alternatives" ie Ex-doom (Anathema anyone)

I won't hold my breath for Vader though, or anything "Extreme" for that matter.

Children Of Bodom seem to be selling well at the moment, I imagine they would go down well, they got to number 1 in the Finnish Charts with "Hatecrew Death Roll" or whatever it's called

a big yes to queensrÿche and sonata arctica. And Lacuna Coil. And CoB. but IN flames potential headliners? i love them but i dont think theyre bloodstock headline material...but what do i know? What do others think re this?

Eagle said:
Here's a list maybe of few potential Headliners Some previously mentioned and some not:

Manowar
Motorhead
Twisted Sister
Savatage
Gamma Ray
Dio
Blind Guardian (Bring em back)
Accept (Yeah Right)
Iced Earth
Stratovarius
Queensryche
In Flames