Suggested Bands For Bloodstock 2004

hey dogvomit, it is true that joey said hed never come bqack to england, apparently were not true enough, cos america is so true isnt it... (sarcasm)... its also why you cant get manowar merchandise here...

I'd like any of the following:

Cruel Humanity (20mins is not long enough, plus they went down a treet, proveing that its not just Powr metal that makes this fest great and that people do want black metal)

Children of Bodom (the songs from the new album are the best live tracks they do, they were ace at the Fiddler in May and they're far overdue in this country)

My Dying Bride (okay lets think about this carefully, MDB are one of the most influential bands the world over, they love playing festivals and they're British, what more reason do you need)

Enochian Crescent (I love this band but they've never played in the UK yet and this place'd be a great break for them)

Napalm Death (see MDB)

Immolation (IMHO the best US Death Metal act ever, still keeping it brutal after all these years)

Meshuggah (Again these guys haven't faltered one inch in the last decade or so and they hardly ever play the UK)

Dark Tranquillity (see Meshuggah)

Silentium [I would pay any ammount of money to see these play]
Amorphis
Katatonia [These blokes are just fantastic, they were amazing when I saw them live too and I want to see them again]
Ram-Zet
Nightwish/Sethian
Children Of Bodom/Warmen
Opeth [if anyone has seen them live, they'll apriciate how amazing they actually are]
Stratovarius
Rhapsody
Tool
Burnt By The Sun
Sonata Arctica
Dimmu Borgir
Emperor/Peccatum [Yes, I think Emperor should reform just for bloodstock '04]
Thrice [OK, OK, I just put them in for good mesure cause I like them]

There is a lot more that I want to see there, but I'm in a very boring lesson at University and my brain is melting quckly - but one thing is for certain, there should be more black/death/metal in there this time, as opposed to a completely power metal festival. I think there should be some emo in there too :p

Funeral For A Friend
Further Seems Forever
A Static Lullaby
Project 86
Thrusday

OK, OK - I'm only joking!!! Although I personally wouldn't mind...

[P.S: Can we join forces to remove Saxon?? SaxOOoOoOooOoOoooOnn] :wave:

Have to agree with Falconer...they would do an excellent job! However....my main choice would be EVERGREY!! Tom mentioned the festival in a Powerplay interview recently. They are definitely interested in playing and I think they would appeal to alot of the attendees.

dragonmaiden said:
Have to agree with Falconer...they would do an excellent job! However....my main choice would be EVERGREY!! Tom mentioned the festival in a Powerplay interview recently. They are definitely interested in playing and I think they would appeal to alot of the attendees.

I think Evergrey deserve a thread of their own.

Why the fuck would we want Emo at Bloodstock, this isn't a festival for pretentious Art students you know, this is fucking Heavy Metal...I have to put up with Funeral For A Friend supporting Maiden on tour, how the hell did that happen, The Gods of Metal being supported by EMO...ARGH!!!

Anyway, Funeral For A Friend will never play at Bloodstock nor any other Emo, Thank Fuck.

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
Why the fuck would we want Emo at Bloodstock, this isn't a festival for pretentious Art students you know, this is fucking Heavy Metal...I have to put up with Funeral For A Friend supporting Maiden on tour, how the hell did that happen, The Gods of Metal being supported by EMO...ARGH!!!

Anyway, Funeral For A Friend will never play at Bloodstock nor any other Emo, Thank Fuck.

Ha ha , excellent - I knew there'd be at least one stuck up metalist that would comment on that, hence me saying it [as a joke, as was obvious] in the first place!

Thank you, you've made my day :D

Anyway, I've not heard "Evergrey" - what do they sound like? Are they worth checking out?

funeralforafriend....
dont wanna be negative but how could you soil your be-metalled self with emo, id let you off if it was something with at least some musical integrity but no....
And by the way, dont be a cock, dont bother stirring stuff up, espeially if your stirring up with emo...

oh and saxon rule, theyd kick youre emo mates arses... biff for king!

Jonoleth said:
funeralforafriend....
dont wanna be negative but how could you soil your be-metalled self with emo, id let you off if it was something with at least some musical integrity but no....
And by the way, dont be a cock, dont bother stirring stuff up, espeially if your stirring up with emo...

oh and saxon rule, theyd kick youre emo mates arses... biff for king!

Aye all true, what the hell do 18 year olds with bumfluff goatees and puppy dofg blue eyes know about EMOtions anyway. Plus did you guys realise that according to kerrang and other emo fans, theres also screamo, post-emo, and emocore. What a pile of crap, its not even anything to do with metal. Leave emo to the idiots who dress like a rainbow.

funeralforafriend said:
Silentium
Amorphis
Katatonia
Ram-Zet
Nightwish/Sethian
Children Of Bodom/Warmen
Opeth
Stratovarius
Sonata Arctica
Dimmu Borgir
I second all these, plus:

Palehorse
Therion
Queen Adreena
Lullacry
Within Temptation
Without Face
Bumsnogger (again - we missed them this time, and a band called Bumsnogger must be good!)
And most importantly Ensiferum