Suggestion help please? :)

Eld

. . . . . . .
Oct 14, 2001
Michigan
www.metalbite.com
Hey all. Lately I've been a bit bored with my CD collection and I'm really looking to find out some good music that I haven't heard before.

I don't really want any death metal suggestions. Just real good music, emotional, good musicianship, etc - all the basic stuff.

Favorite bands are Anathema, Neurosis, and Enslaved. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Jeff Buckley, Radiohead, etc. So, whatever you suggest would be great.

thanks
-allan

Ulver- Perdition City, Themes from William Blake's The Marriage between Heaven and Hell

The 3rd and the Mortal- Memoirs

Zeraphine- Kalte Sonne

Porcupine Tree

Antimatter- Saviour (but maybe you already have this one)

I can see you're open minded and that's really great..... Try out the new Sonic Youth cd..... I don't know if you've heard about Death In Vegas.... Brilliant band.... Their first album is called The Contino Sessions and it's fuckin awesome. The new one will be released this month. Massive Attack, Portishead... There are so many great non-metal bands :) :) :)

Hey guys you've been a lot of help! Lots of names I've not heard before so I'm glad that it didn't resort to the big names in metal. I have a feeling that little of this is metal, which is fine by me since.

I'll look into all the bands except for the ones I know of course (Come on Don, like I haven't heard Opeth, haha) and let you know what I think.

thanks
-allan

Originally posted by Eld
Hey guys you've been a lot of help! Lots of names I've not heard before so I'm glad that it didn't resort to the big names in metal. I have a feeling that little of this is metal, which is fine by me since.

I'll look into all the bands except for the ones I know of course (Come on Don, like I haven't heard Opeth, haha) and let you know what I think.

thanks
-allan

hehe i thought you didnt know. :lol:

well, another one from me then, if you're a bit into prog: pain of salvation.