some of the bands i like are

Shining
Make A Change...Kill Yourself
Xasthur
Breath Of Sorrow
Forgotten Woods
Nortt
etc..

people who say those bands are emo should go kill themselves! those bands are awesome!

I have a fair bit of that stuff, a few others to look into are:

Ohtar
Deathspell Omega
Watain
Wolfswinter
Moonblood
Satanic Warmaster
Striborg
Mutiilation

Used to be massive on it a few years ago, bought a shitload of cds & vinyls. Dont listen to heaps of it anymore, only occasionally.

Ohtar
Deathspell Omega
Watain
Wolfswinter
Moonblood
Satanic Warmaster
Striborg
Mutiilation

Used to be massive on it a few years ago, bought a shitload of cds & vinyls. Dont listen to heaps of it anymore, only occasionally.

BM is all I used to listen to as well,

I got Moonblood's Blut und Krieg LP ;), cookie for that

also don't forget to mention Australia's Abyssic Hate's release from 2000, does not get much more depressive than that

Ohtar
Deathspell Omega
Watain
Wolfswinter
Moonblood
Satanic Warmaster
Striborg
Mutiilation

I wouldn't call most of them depressive BM; especially not DsO/Watain/Satanic Warmaster.

Weakling, Lurker of Chalice, Velvet Cacoon and Krohm are all pretty good as far as depressive/atmospheric BM goes I guess.

I've seen Spite Extreme Wing labelled as 'anti-depressive BM' which I guess is kinda fitting to their sound. I find them really uplifting in a weird melancholic kinda way.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM8zXnhUuLA&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=53B446141347152D&playnext=1&index=83[/ame]
(sound quality is a bit shit on this 2nd video but meh, all of their albums have pretty clear production)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered Nocturnal Depression's Soundtrack to a Suicide a while back and it hasn't come...if it's not in the mail today I'm gonna kill myself :heh:

I love depressive bands like Shining, Bergraven, and Xasthur, but also bands like Blut Aus Nord, Wolves In The Throne Room, Enslaved, Borknagar, Beherit, Nachtmystium, Peste Noire, etc. Those aren't depressive but they are super cool/unique.

Oh, and emo is a musical genre, not a mindset. Those who think otherwise are silly gooses.

Rites of Spring. :Smug:

I don't understand what this has to do with the subject. I was merely backing up Amon that depressive bm is not emo, nor should any music be considered "emo" just because of its subject matter. Stop trying to derail this awesome thread!

I don't understand what this has to do with the subject. I was merely backing up Amon that depressive bm is not emo, nor should any music be considered "emo" just because of its subject matter. Stop trying to derail this awesome thread!

+1

Edit: oh and Nashtmystium is one of my fav band, i was soo fucking mad when they got booted from opeth tour, the same day they played here, only reason i got the ticket :'(

+1

Edit: oh and Nashtmystium is one of my fav band, i was soo fucking mad when they got booted from opeth tour, the same day they played here, only reason i got the ticket :'(

Well fuck you guys. I'll just go delete all the awesome bands I recommended. >O

Velvet Cacoon is awesome.

I love black metal bands that try something new and refreshing rather than come out with boring, generic records. Bands like Watain are sooo guilty of that.

BM is all I used to listen to as well,

I got Moonblood's Blut und Krieg LP ;), cookie for that

also don't forget to mention Australia's Abyssic Hate's release from 2000, does not get much more depressive than that

Ahh you bastard! that LP is worth so much these days, i have the Deathspell Omega - Inquisitors Of Satan LP & Abyssic Hate's Suicidal Emotions LP. Got no Moonblood vinyl apart from the Split with Katharsis & The Split with Inferno & The Fullmoon Witchery Bootleg. One day ill Get Taste Our German Steel.....if i can afford 1000 Euro for an LP!