Suicide

suicide and depression is sad :(
it seems a lot of us metal lovers are linked by depression and sadness from somewhere, and music that lets us express how we feel is a good way to channel the energy into something positive. i was depressed a while ago, and it was totally gay, and i seemed happy on the outside but on the inside i was totally shit. but time healed it i suppose, and with time i became happy and now i have a foxy girlfriend who i luv and lots of friends.
i guess one of the things that depressed people could see is that there is that time changes a lot of things, and a year on from the day they tried to kill themselves they could feel like their life has never been better.
:)

Is youthanasia a form of suicide? If so, then suicide is necessary sometimes right?

If you commit suicide because some chick dumped you, or your dog got run over, then that is a different matter....

Originally posted by Lord Belial
suicide and depression is sad :(
it seems a lot of us metal lovers are linked by depression and sadness from somewhere, and music that lets us express how we feel is a good way to channel the energy into something positive.:)

Most people suffer from serious depression a number of times in life. That's pretty much avoidable.

If this were a poll, and you could ask a few questions, some of which would be, you ever think about committing suicide, have you every been seriously depressed for a week or longer, do you try to keep busy as to not have to wallow in that depression, and have you ever seriously contemplated suicide...

Most people would answer most of those questions yes.

Actually committing it is another thing altogether. A very sad, desperate and final last act to relieve some kind of burden, or to cause one.

Funny thing is, as been said, most of the time you'll never even suspect it.

Originally posted by JayKeeley
Is youthanasia a form of suicide? If so, then suicide is necessary sometimes right?

If you commit suicide because some chick dumped you, or your dog got run over, then that is a different matter....

What about if I commit suicide because I'm very hungover? That would be ok, wouldn't it?

Suicide is propably the most selfish thing ever...
...also it's very sad thing. I and many others have been in the bottom of depression, but I've never SERIOUSLY thought of doing it 'cause I try to think the good things instead of the bad and then notice that hell, I'll get over this.
My close friend tried to commit suicide few months ago and failed(on purpose). I think that was just a call for help. She had been diagnosed with depression and is now on medication but doing really fine. She had time to think and noticed that actually nothing was TERRIBLY wrong, just didn't go so well at the time...
...That IS NOT the reason to commit suicide. IMO It's the last thing to do. No sense to it except you know that for example your going to die a very painful death in few minutes then BANG! 9mm in the head. That I can understand. I have no friends and I'm so lonely, I think I'll kill myself, no one cares for me, BUHUU! That I don't understand.

Originally posted by nevershine
Suicide is propably the most selfish thing ever...

What if, like, you donated all your metal CD's to your mates, gave all your loose change to a bum, and bought a $1million life insurance policy to leave your wife and kids - before you pulled the trigger.

That would be quite generous really.

Originally posted by JayKeeley

What if, like, you donated all your metal CD's to your mates, gave all your loose change to a bum, and bought a $1million life insurance policy to leave your wife and kids - before you pulled the trigger.

the life insurance would void :p

Originally posted by Wanderingblade
IMO, the pain you leave behind for others is the biggest reason against suicide...

And only reason why I haven't done that yet. I'm not very depressed but I just don't care anything so much that it would give me reason to live (except pain that my suicide would cause to family).

dunno if i should say this over here, but i really dont care, it's life.. my brother comited suicide 10y ago, when i was 17y and he was 24..

Even today i dunno what to think on the cause.. i (and my family) tought a lot on the cause of all this.. for me it was a bad attention of my folks to him when he was a kid.. it's so weird when we find by the bad way that stg isnt right.. it's stupid, agonizing cuz u feel like u did nothing to help and we didnt and we all saw that he wasnt ok... but never tought on suicide...
i make no sense!

and i always tought that suicide only mean 1 thing.. cowards!

R.I.P. bro!

i think..that suicide comes with problems..and problems allways have, an exit, maybe sometimes this problems cost our life... for me it's a stupid thing (suicide) maybe, because i'v never have a larger and big problem.:cry: