SuidAkra: What. The. Fuck?

Thraxz

Melody be Thy Name
Aug 27, 2004
Las Vegas
About 6 months ago someone posted SuidAkra's homesite and said somethign about just discovering them. So I went there and instantly fell in love. I did what any metal head would do, go out and buy all of their albums... Now that I have them all... they released Command to Charge. Here's how it went.

SWEET, a new SuidAkra album.

click, click click, tappa tappa

BAM I'm downloading their sample song....

...the music fades in....AND STARTS TO SOUND LIKE FUCKING MUDVAYNE!!!

NOW I'M FUCKING PISSED. I've been massively disappointed by my new band and am in dire need of venting! Help!

If you would have said Killswitch Engage instead of mudvayne I would agree with you better. Either way, this is pretty damn shitty.

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU, IN THE ASS!!!

edit:
After half of the new material was written, SuidAkrA split with Century Media Records due to differing views about the future of the band and decided to complete the album and record it at their own expense and risk, before starting the search for a new suitable label.

THEY WERE RIGHT YOU STUPID COCKS! THEY WERE RIGHT!

What does sounding exactly like every other nu-metal band have to do with musical diversity? Take that weak little argument and shove it.

Silent Song said:
the band you like goes and does something different. you don't like them anymore. why rant about it? there's no point...

If Thraxz description is accurate, then how can SUIDAKRA sounding like MUDVAYNE be considered "doing something DIFFERENT"???

Sounds to me like they're just jumping on the bandwagon.

Wow, you're a fucking dipshit. The new Suidakra is a fine, albeit more riff-based release and nothing more. Better than The Arcanum? No, but still damn good.

And Mudvayne owns you and your family.

I consider Suidakra somewhat of a guilty pleasure. They really aren't all that great or original, but they can be easy, mindless listening and can be entertaining.

I was kind of looking forward to this new one, but I've read numerous early reviews online, and all the reviewers familiar with the band pre-CtC pretty much say a lot of thing that turn me off: "metalcore", "Soilwork", "commercial", "melodeath", "chugging", etc.

I think I'll stick with the five other albums I have from them.

I'll admit, they wern't all that original.

That being said, they kicked a lot of ass at what they did, particularly in The Arcanum and Emprise to Avalon.

I just think it's lame that they are jumping on the "metalcore" bandwagon. They may have not been very original, but they had a great sound. Oh well, it's not like we can do anything about it. We will always have their old albums to listen to and enjoy so fuck it.