Thank You, Opeth!

Looking for a Job said:
do you remember Encounters with Llamas?

I used to visit that site religiously. Invictus was awesome.

No, I think I was playing at Squeeze Me Macaroni a lot in those days. I think it was PF's server.

All this talk is making me want to play. *fires up steam*

My buddy got me into Opeth. At first he dropped of a burned CD with a few tracks, but for some reason my brain was thinking Otep, and I hated them and let the CD rot for a while. Then I finally threw it in and relized that it wasn't Otep...after many hours of listening to Demon of the Fall over and over and over and over again, I punched myself repeatidly in the testicles for ever confusing Otep with Opeth.

Thank you Opeth for severly bruised testicles

Word! I concur.
It would take some kind of monster to defeat Opeth.
And no, I'm not talking in metaphors.

Looking for a Job said:
rocket crowbar in its infancy was amazing in every way. then they started adding shit to it to make it even more whacky, but they went over the edge. horrible. fucking monsters

This thread reminds me that American kids today are FAT, stupid and lazy as hell.

welly welly welly, back on topic, um... this is the fifth year of listening to opeth, and I don't have any stories so yeah...

mayhemchrist said:
My buddy got me into Opeth. At first he dropped of a burned CD with a few tracks, but for some reason my brain was thinking Otep, and I hated them and let the CD rot for a while. Then I finally threw it in and relized that it wasn't Otep...after many hours of listening to Demon of the Fall over and over and over and over again, I punched myself repeatidly in the testicles for ever confusing Otep with Opeth.

Thank you Opeth for severly bruised testicles

Same here except for the bruised testicles. A friend left copies of Blackwater Park and Still life on my desk at work around 2002. I didn't listen to them for about a month. The next day I went to Media Play and bought all their CD's.

What's this thread about ?

scarjoz.jpg

Really Opeth has had the opposite effect for me because once I stopped listening to nu metal and got into death/black/doom stuff (and Opeth) people started thinking I am some kind of psycho.

Hey, now it's 5 guys! Let's make Per feel welcomed... When I met them at SOTU Per seemed very sheepish. But he rocks...and was wearing a Ramones t shirt. Cool!
Anyway, I got the Lamentations dvd 1st after a friend from Church (of all places!) had badgered me about how great Opeth is... 1st set was too slow for me at the time and I kept skipping tracks and then... !!! It was just the sort of intelligent, beautiful, kick-your-arse shit I was looking for.
Went out literally the next day and got BWP and then everything else within about 6 weeks--last was MAYH, still my fave...
And now I am hooked.
Always something new to hear in the same albums. Hadn't listened to Morningrise for ages and just recently have gone crazy for it.
I love that about Opeth. You can put down an album for a while and then suddenly love it...same with individual songs. I think that this is the quality of great art--you respond to it differently at different times.
And I was very pleased to find them all so nice and personable.
Very unpretentious. It's all about expression, music and having a good life.