Summar Concerts

Yeah I'm lookin foward to that more than pretty much anything else this year, except maybe Dissection. And nah i wasnt up front for GWAR, I waited til Unearth went on to squeeze up to the fence.

Dunno bout Sounds of the Underground. A lot of bands I don't want to see and a few I do. I'd be down to see All that Remains, Opeth, and Unearth but thats about it. Opeth plays 3 songs, All that Remains I'm not INSANE about and Unearth would be cool. Other than that its a bunch of shit I don't want to see and way to much hardcore...

I'm going to Ozzfest (Maiden...hell yes) but other than that, not too much coming my way this summer. I'd see a lot more if I didn't have to drive 2 hours to where all the concerts go. Takes a band I really really like to get me to go somewhere...

back from Tuska 2005.
here's the plot:

hot as hell :zombie:
dust got in my eyes
sentenced: a live funeral as always (less intoxication would make the whole singing-affair much more professional :rolleyes: but I never expected ville to ever have a good voice live)
apocalyptica were great.
amoral were fine too.
i was not the least interested in accept, destruction, primal fear, gamma ray.
i was not prepared to see finntroll for the 5th time.
heard another opeth-esque band (Callisto)
rotten sound were bad, I expected more :/
so were deathchain :/
lake of tears served a good contrast program to rotten sound
too many teenagers with bad taste, mainly female (i'm definitely not one who comments on other people's way of life and taste, but THIS was most of the time truly disgusting :yuk: )
generally i was very much surprised that approx. 70% were hardly 20 years of age.
got chatted up by a drunk finn who was more pitiable than funny.
the squirrels in helsinki are shameless, which is good for taking lots of pics :loco:
witnessed a swan attacking most forcfully a male duck who was swimming too close to the offspring of the swan.
my friend locked ourselves out of our room cos these goddamned northern doors have this kinky mechanism that is a COMPLETE NUISSANCE to a nescient unsuspecting central-european :yell:

apple/grape- and pear-cider rule to no end :oops:

and the big winner of the whole festival was EVERGREY :hotjump:
this is good live-performance to me :headbang: I'm still quite taken with the voice :loco:

bands I have not mentioned I have either missed or don't remember clearly anymore :p

probably ozzfest since it has all my favorite bands from 5 years ago. even though their setlists will probably be all new and gay, im still thinking of going anyway. itd be cool to see sabbath and maiden i guess, and mastodon totally fucking ruled when i saw em a few months ago. as i lay dying is pretty generic but probably cool live....same with a few of the others (some decent ATG wanna-be riffing). if ever im gonna go to an ozzfest this would be it.

In homage of Gums I've decided to go see Dredg
perform live wheneva they come to Pittsburgh (I think it shall be August 11th). I have absolutely no idea what sort of show they'll put on! But with song titles like 'Whoa Is Me' I can't miss out. :dopey:

I just saw Maiden, and you didn't. Twice.

The first day of Ozzfest, I got out of work during Shadows Fall and we walked around for a while, then caught some of Mudvayne's set just so we could get a good view for Maiden (I know this is a given, but Mudvayne was terrible). Maiden was fucking awesome, but by the time they were done, I was so dehydrated I could barely stand, so we left, since I could just see Black Sabbath the next day. Then the next day, Sabbath cancelled. GAH!

But I still saw Maiden twice, for free.

Gadlor said:
In homage of Gums I've decided to go see Dredg
perform live wheneva they come to Pittsburgh (I think it shall be August 11th). I have absolutely no idea what sort of show they'll put on! But with song titles like 'Whoa Is Me' I can't miss out. :dopey:

Dredg is really good. I like them when im in the mood for somthing mellow.

I went to the Sounds and Gigantour. Gigantour sucked only cause it was in a place with 4 floors and bands playing on all of them...by the time i got up to the 4th floor Dream Theater had a couple of songs left :cry: did anyone else see them? If so what did they play off the new cd?

Double post. I was right. Obituary fucking killed. Napalm Death was pretty good too, but I've never been a hige fan of them, so I don't know their songs and stuff. However, "You Suffer" was probably the highlight of the night.