sunnO))) live

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
so loud it defied belief
my legs were about to give in with every chord they played
swear i was going to collapse afterwards
heaviest thing ive ever seen/heard/felt/experienced in my life, ever, full fucking stop.

cheers to dcdanman for the sofa to sleep on too, was good meeting you bud :D

also, monoliths and dimensions on the vinyl is the shit. sound 10x more open than on the CD so any sunn fans should consider picking that up on vinyl

anyway, i am wasted as fuck so i am gonna sleep NIGHT

What a pile of horseshit this is...

haha Horses for courses i guess man.. I tend to think every ENGL amp is pile of damping horseshit, and love Sunn :)

Would be cool if at some point ENGL would get the same status as Sunn now and men with matrix coats would play 2 (probably 4 a side if they wanna beat 180 watt Model T full stacks ;) ) ENGL full stacks and the only thing you would hear is the all the metally overgained sidenoises of the guitars at insane volumes!!

But seriously you tell me what's good about it. And please post me some good youtube clip that confirms that they're good.

Ah man, were to start.. (even though it reeealy is hoarses for courses, their stuff just works for me)

First up, most reliable amps i ever played, never saw one break down EVER, and i'm pretty confined i won't live the day to see it happen aswell, those things are built like tanks!

They have this distinct "push" in there mids aswell that makes the sound sooo much more better, you don't hear it coming out of the speakers, its all around you, and put it next to any 5150/Mesa/Engl/whatever and you'll agree ( i a/b'd and was blown away), mids are waaaay clearer aswell then modern metalamps for some reason eventhough its a fuzzier distortion then modern amps.
( i sometimes add sunn tracks to straight up metalcore bands for definition and added gnarlyness)

Most of them amps also have a great gritty distortion (not hm2 like, more subtle..), lots of harmonic content, and then there is this insane headroom on ALL amps with which that content is blown into the room with.

For me its just a feeling of sheer victory standing in a room and blasting a fullstack with my sunn :)
Something i never ever had with any modern amp, those were all just "sufficient".

And you have to like the music/amps, but is also that what kinda makes SunnO))) the band great for me (4 full stacks ;) )

The sound is a big part of there music/show..

But its something you gotta get, and its kinda weird, so i don't blame you for getting it haha

This band also plays with Sunn Beta Leads btw: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2158140/01 Intro.mp3
The feedback and pure tone of those first notes is makes Sunn so awesome.