sunnO))) live

I have some questions for Sunno's fans:

- Do they improvise or they always play the songs the same way?
- Can you guess what song are they playing listening only to 1 minute?
- How do they know when to change the 'chord'?
- How many BPM do they play? 1 or 2?
- Do they know how to play guitar?
- Is the band some kind of humoristic or are they serious?
- Do you like Dragonforce?

Don't pretend to offend anyone, but couldn't avoid asking.

ola you have no idea how loud the gig was dude
every time they paused for a moment you came off this massive doom high once you heard the difference between how loud they are and how quiet the venue is, then they hit another chord and it pushes you backwards so you're swaying on your feet and there's so much bass that it feels like your legs are about to give out from beneath you and your chests about to cave in and you're forgetting to breathe and as far as physical experiences go, it's fucking intense.

then the performance side of things, omg. the room was so full of fog that all you could see were these black shapes swirling around in the mist, worshipping their amps like they're altars.

think of it less as music, more as performance art ola :D
and as far as the music goes, id say its really musical. its just really good metal riffs slowed down a fuckload.
its about atmosphere and the ebb and flow and the bass becoming a physical presence. :D

I have some questions for Sunno's fans:

- Do they improvise or they always play the songs the same way?
- Can you guess what song are they playing listening only to 1 minute?
- How do they know when to change the 'chord'?
- How many BPM do they play? 1 or 2?
- Do they know how to play guitar?
- Is the band some kind of humoristic or are they serious?
- Do you like Dragonforce?

-Most of it's improvised, but on this tour they've been playing material from their latest album while weaving in and out of improvised parts.
- well on this tour you could because they were playing stuff from albums that they'd actually written, but otherwise you probably wouldnt be able to cos its mostly improvised. unless you caught them on a grimmrobes date or something.
- you hear it ;)
- who knows and who cares, you can still nod your head to it. :D
- both guys have been in plenty of other bands that's required more "skill" i guess. who gives a fuck if they know how to play the guitar when they're expressing themselves the way they want to?
- they started out as a tribute to the band "earth" (sun, geddit?) but then they started getting more experimental and decided they were serious
- no, but thats only because dragonforce suck. if this is a "do you like any music over 5bpm" question then a quick look at my winamp will confirm that i like stuff of pretty much any speed D:

I can understand though that if you smoked a mushroom or two before that this is a cool experience but maybe I just have to see it to believe it. But I'm probably one of those that gets bored after 10 seconds.

well i had been smoking literally all day before we went in the gig, plus a few big pipes before we went inside, so i was totally fucked. although i peaked during the support actually, so for the entirity of sunn's set i was actually slowly coming down.

but i think its the sort of thing anyone would enjoy sober anyway. it's just a powerful, moving experience is all. dan came to the gig as well and he enjoyed it and all he'd heard was a few youtube vids and a bit of the latest album (which even my mum didnt think was too bad, so fuck)

Dudes, I think you're missing the point - granted, I'd have to be extremely stoned to really enjoy a SunnO))) show, BUT...if I were (and had X-TREME hearing protection, probably like those fucking earmuffs they give out at shooting ranges :lol: ), I would fucking love to go to one :headbang: It's just the overpowering visceral sensory experience in a live context that would make it cool

Of course, I'd probably rather listen to Attack Attack! than SunnO))) in an album context :loco:

(and had X-TREME hearing protection, probably like those fucking earmuffs they give out at shooting ranges :lol: )

i tried putting in earplugs for a minute but i just lost all the detail and clarity so i took them out and decided to grit my teeth and take it

Somehow I think I could live with losing a little detail and clarity of the "music" of SunnO))) - and I'm sure there still would be plenty of detail in the sensation of my intestines being rearranged! :lol:

I think this band sounds like a hugeload of shit, but I understand that some people like it. What I don´t understand is why their fans don´t make a band on this exactly same style (eventually better). It looks incredibly easy to write and perform it.

I think this band sounds like a hugeload of shit, but I understand that some people like it. What I don´t understand is why their fans don´t make a band on this exactly same style (eventually better). It looks incredibly easy to write and perform it.

i love how all the naysayers say things like this
"ITS EASY MANNNN, JUST PLAY POWERCHORDS SLOWLY."

If it's so easy, why has no-one "bettered" them yet?

i love how all the naysayers say things like this
"ITS EASY MANNNN, JUST PLAY POWERCHORDS SLOWLY."

If it's so easy, why has no-one "bettered" them yet?

That´s exactly what I don´t understand. I mean, I probably have never heard you playin guitar, but I´m pretty sure you can come up with something at least "as good" as Sunn. Am I wrong?