sunnO))) live

That makes two of us! :)

Which reminds me, I haven't gotten blazed since I've been in Europe. Wow, I need to get on that!

-Joe

Dude, in the next couple of weeks, once I finally stock up again, I'm coming down with stash, guitar, and cab, and we are going to riff up a storm :D

:OMG: Between the music you listen to, the fact that every piece of gear you own seems to be extremely crusty and old, and that you live in Holland, this comes as a great surprise to me :lol:
That makes two of us! :)

Which reminds me, I haven't gotten blazed since I've been in Europe. Wow, I need to get on that!

-Joe

Hahahaha, i used to (like everyone here..) but it gets realy old fast if its legal haha, from 13 to 17 i smoked alot of bongs and pure joints (didn't like tobacco..).

And yeah, looking at my choice in gear in music it fucked up my brain enough to still like it sober :)
I CAN'T HELP IT!!

To each their own I guess - to me it's equivalent to sitting in my room as my amp feeds back because I have it to loud and I'm too close. I thought that's the reason I put a gate on it, but oh well. R ............................................................... o ................................................. c ............................................................. k ....................................................... O .......................................................... n ................................................ (my thoughts at 2 beats per minute) It's defiantly an acquired taste, one I'm afraid I lack.

It is 1:32 in the morning, I am a bit drunk.

I watched again those videos... and I have to recognise that I'm kind of hypnotized.çThe Problem is that I can't get drunk everytime I want to listen to Sunno (or as I like to say in spainish 'Sunnormales'). My liver would be damaged.
So I decided to wash my mind and soul with a little bit of Manowar vinyl...

Now playing "Blood of the Kings"
Hail from Euskadi!

Now, off to bed.

my take on sunn is that the sound coming from it is music and i love it but its more then music and atmoshphere it becomes so thick that it actually becomes a texture. i've always registerd it in my brain as a texture i can listen to sunn for hours just cause its so atmoshperic i don't really get them i just love it.

listen to it enough in an altered state and youll begin to enjoy it sober too :D

i dont really understand listening to this band casually but as background music its pretty sick

ive always wanted to see a horror movie made based around Black One

re. the loudness

Respect your hearing man.
If you are serious about being a musician and an audio engineer, your hearing is your biggest treasure.

i dont go to many gigs and im willing to have a compromise the loudness for the sake of my ears for most of the ones i do go to, but sunn was an exception.

There aren't enough drugs in the world to make me enjoy that. I would overdose long before I even got down to "this part is ok I suppose". I saw Dream Theater last week and they didn't even come close to this level of self indulgent wank.

That being said, I'd still rather listen to Sunn than a conversation about Sunn. I have a very low tolerance for smug, pretentious waffle.

Thankfully this thread hasn't gotten into that yet, but I suspect it's only a matter of time. :lol:

I miss the good old days where prog and jazz had the most pretentious fan base, there's at least something there to get snooty about. Championing drone is like losing your shit in art gallery over a black square in the abstract section.

Gah I'm supposed to be studying! FML.

There aren't enough drugs in the world to make me enjoy that. I would overdose long before I even got down to "this part is ok I suppose". I saw Dream Theater last week and they didn't even come close to this level of self indulgent wank.

That being said, I'd still rather listen to Sunn than a conversation about Sunn. I have a very low tolerance for smug, pretentious waffle.

Thankfully this thread hasn't gotten into that yet, but I suspect it's only a matter of time. :lol:

I miss the good old days where prog and jazz had the most pretentious fan base, there's at least something there to get snooty about. Championing drone is like losing your shit in art gallery over a black square in the abstract section.

Gah I'm supposed to be studying! FML.

You have put words to my gathered thoughts. A worlds worth of opiates would not do - it would still be like taking a stick to the eye or maybe a pick to the brain (well, at least the noise would stop), but as I said before - to each his own.

You have put words to my gathered thoughts. A worlds worth of opiates would not do - it would still be like taking a stick to the eye or maybe a pick to the brain (well, at least the noise would stop), but as I said before - to each his own.

Totally, every single person in the world is entitled to like whatever they want, just as everyone else is entitled to call it shit if they so choose.

It seems to be a pretty good balance in practice, hate on one band, eat shit for liking another.

Hahhahahahahahahahhaha, well said Nic :lol::lol: