sunnO))) live

hell no man
go to a jazz fest and all the beret wearing jazzfascists will avoid anything that is actually TRUE fucking jazz like the plague. the stuff that embodies the idea of no boundaries, complete musical freedom rather than sticking to walking basslines and swing feel drums.
if that isnt cause for dislike i dont know what is

hell no man
go to a jazz fest and all the beret wearing jazzfascists will avoid anything that is actually TRUE fucking jazz like the plague. the stuff that embodies the idea of no boundaries, complete musical freedom rather than sticking to walking basslines and swing feel drums.
if that isnt cause for dislike i dont know what is

you are living in some kind of cartoon stereotype-filled world of absolutes then man... hard to take shit like that seriously. look, i'm with you on Sunn0)) dude, but you are out of depth talking about jazz, i doubt you can name 10 contemporary jazz acts without the help of google... .don't bother listing any...i'm just gonna say "google" anyway, ;)

i go to jazz clubs, and i have yet to run into one beret-wearing beatnik... ever. but i've damned sure run into pretentions little drone wankers that look down their nose at anything that has actual structure or production value every time i drop by Vinyl Fever in Tampa. i can barely stomach them, even as i check out the artists they recommend to me in conversation by listening to samples on my iPhone.... lol.. i love watching their expressions every time they belittle some more commercial band and i tell them that i love that act, lol....i just don't care what they think.. nor do i care what you think of jazz.. but at least frame your criticisms toward the music,... or weight them that way for fuxsake... otherwise you're just being hilariously ironic.

im not saying theres anything wrong with structure or production value, not in the slightest man, but i've spent far too much time around people that completely eschew the freer, weirder side of jazz in favour of theory textbook worship when BOTH have a place in the world. if that isn't completely missing the point of jazz, i don't know what is.

I like SunnO))), but there are many better bands doing more interesting stuff with drone than they are. Plus, I think the scope for guitar based drone is quite limited when compared with the electronic realm.

Gareth; you've heard Drukqs by Aphex Twin right?? There is a track on the first disc iirc, called Gwerly Mernans. It is some intense shit.

im not saying theres anything wrong with structure or production value, not in the slightest man, but i've spent far too much time around people that completely eschew the freer, weirder side of jazz in favour of theory textbook worship when BOTH have a place in the world. if that isn't completely missing the point of jazz, i don't know what is.
gotcha :kickass: