Superior2.0 - snare/OH phase issues

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
i was messing around with my drum mix last night and thought, hmm - that snare sounds weak. so i flipped the phase and all the sudden WHAM! more body to the snare. i had the snr top and bottom being sent together to one track in my DAW, so i split them up thinking just the bottom would need to flipped - but found both had to be flipped to get a good fat sound with the OH's pulled up.

anybody else ever notice this?

here's what i'm using:
--------------------
Metal Foundry
5x14 Pearl Free Floating Brass

Not really, I've gotten some pretty fat sounds out of the default MF snare I believe, 6x14 Sonor artist series, with no phase inverting.

i was messing around with my drum mix last night and thought, hmm - that snare sounds weak. so i flipped the phase and all the sudden WHAM! more body to the snare. i had the snr top and bottom being sent together to one track in my DAW, so i split them up thinking just the bottom would need to flipped - but found both had to be flipped to get a good fat sound with the OH's pulled up.

Yep I noticed that, but for some reason I sometimes forget to flip it. but I'm in agreement it is out of phase.