SWALLOW THE SUN-HOPE

:) Nay, red all the way...
Sorry, I had to state the truth on that.

I think Swallow the Sun and Daylight Dies are pretty alike in ways, though. Of course, not exactly, but they share similarities for sure.

:) Nay, red all the way...
Sorry, I had to state the truth on that.

I think Swallow the Sun and Daylight Dies are pretty alike in ways, though. Of course, not exactly, but they share similarities for sure.
If you compare them to reggae, you bet they are. But as far as "dark" metal goes, I think they are fairly different.

Oh yeah Jonas part is soooo good!!! But to be honest the whole album is just fantastic!!!! StS is one of my favorite band...As many people said, The Morning never came is a masterpiece....but this last album dunno I can't stop listening to it I just love it!! If you haven't, you can check heir new video fort Don't fall asleep on youtube pretty unusual I would say but interresting ;)

MISERY 24FUKKIN7!!!

Yep, one of the best dark metal songs of all time.

It's a pity that the rest of the album really fall away after that. But really, 'Misery 24/7' is worth the cost alone.

As for a new Swallow the Sun album, with Jonas guest vocals somewhere. My god, I'm hanging out like never before. I shall never download something so beautiful- I want to hold it in my hands and read the lyrics.

Fabulous news!

Slumber are a swedish melodic Doom/Death band with a lot of keyboard layers. Kinda like Draconian, but better IMO. Mourning Beloveth are slow, sorrowful, heavy and epic as hell with DEEP growls.

Slumber has one cd out called "Fallout" and my MB favourite is "The Sullen Sulcus"
I'm now listening to the Slumber album for the 2nd time, seems like a buyer.

I haven't downloaded the latest StS album but my expectations aren't very high at the moment. Don't fall asleep was just so boring single, blah. Even though the Ghosts of Loss single 'Forgive her...' sounded dull at first it became one of my favorites later on. But I just don't think that the latest single will make the same trick.
I consider The morning never came to be the best album by StS and I love the stuff their drummer makes, especially on the song 'Hold this woe'.

What do you think of the two earlier albums? The song Fragile was kind of a dissapointment because it sounded superior on the first three listens and then got boring. Dunno, maybe it's just the catchy yet cheesy chorus that kinda ruined it.

Does anyone know anything more about Slumber than that they're changing their name?
www.slumber.se:

tempsite.jpg