SWALLOW THE SUN-HOPE

just talked with two of the guyz, they said that they'll maybe keep the name anyway note: i was drunk, they were sober if that has any relevance.
Oh, I thought they were forced to get a new name because of legal reasons or something, but apparently they just didn't like it anymore or something.. Anyway, why not keep it, it's a good name, fits their music fine!

Actually Hope wasn't as big letdown as I thought it was going to be. 'The empty skies' and 'Doomed to walk the earth' are great songs and 'Don't fall asleep' fits in with the concept better than as a single. But the special Swallow the Sun boxers where terrible! :lol: And the lyrics are filled with clichés.

I think this album is extremely boring. I like a few riffs here and there, but for the most part I find it very blah. Jonas' chorus is beautiful though (and im not being a fanboy, I really think its probably the best part of the album).

My take:

Mourning Beloveth's "The Sullen Sulcus" is brilliant, as is Shape of Despair's "Angels of Distress" and Morgion's "Solinari". Swallow the Sun is boring.

By the way, fans of Morgion need to check out Justin and Rhett's new band Keen of the Crow if they haven't done so already. Kinda like Morgion meets Dismember meets old Katatonia meets Primordial. Excellent shtuff dewd.

And most importantly, blue is far better than red.

By the way, fans of Morgion need to check out Justin and Rhett's new band Keen of the Crow if they haven't done so already. Kinda like Morgion meets Dismember meets old Katatonia meets Primordial. Excellent shtuff dewd.

And most importantly, blue is far better than red.
Heard some samples a few months ago. Seemed promising.

i dunno, i think that vids better than the one for descending winters, which was them playing the song against a forest backdrop with fake snow falling...
That whole video is shot on a blue screen.
video049.jpg

EDIT:
I’m really liking this Slumber band, although at the moment I’m only listening to the stuff on there Myspace.

Hope is a good album. Definitely not the masterpieces their first two albums were, but another worthy album in the Swallow the Sun discography.