Swap out one band...

theodyssey said:
Point well taken. However, I've seen Strato more than i've seen kreator, plus i enjoy kreator much more. Their energy is amazing
While certain bands trancend, for the most part, energy is relative to your fondness for the band, and the crowd's fondness for the band. I saw Kreator recently in Philly (with Dark One) and it was hardly what I'd consider an energetic show.

theodyssey said:
In that case, i'd go with what Matt said and switch out for Iron Savior. Fuck they rule.
A question for the Iron Saviour fans; which disc do you recoomend? I heard "Condtion Red" and thought it was pretty generic sounding. Thanks.

Zod

Now damn, this is a great thread.

The first thought to pop in my mind was taking out Symphorce and putting in Pyramaze. But then I started to think, I'm sure I'll see Pyramaze in the future but who is a band that I would kill to see and has been playing for over twenty years and still has to yet to play a big fest or tour in the US. Pretty Maids.

I would take out Therion (esp since theyre doing a pretty big tour around PP) and put in Pretty Maids in a heartbeat. As much as people were surprised that Rage was headlining last year, I truly believe the Maids have enough clout and stature to qualify for at least a 4th / co headline slot.

A question for the Iron Saviour fans; which disc do you recoomend? I heard "Condtion Red" and thought it was pretty generic sounding. Thanks.

If you didn't like Condition Red, I recommend trying the s/t or Unification (first two albums). After that, they lost most of Kai Hansen's influence, and went pretty much "standard" metal. That's not to say they were ever particularly original... they just happened to kick much more ass on their early albums, IMO.

Stratovarius for Fates Warning (yeah I know, but I've always said they'd be an ideal headliner, plus the potential for Arch as special guest)
Pink Cream 69 for Dead Soul Tribe
Angra for Arcturus

I know you said one band, but mindless speculation is really addictive.

:headbang:
Rider of Theli said:
whoa... it's looking like I'll be the only fan in the arena when Therion takes the stage. Oh well, I'll enjoy them alone then :Smug: ...better choice of camera angles if nothing else.

I'd probably remove Stride and replace them with someone from the U.S. like Overlorde . :worship:
No fucking way you'll be alone, Dude! I love THERION! Many converts will be won over after their set. Bank on it. :headbang:

Emerald Sword said:
:headbang: No fucking way you'll be alone, Dude! I love THERION! Many converts will be won over after their set. Bank on it. :headbang:

I'm hoping as much. I just don't see what's so unattractive about Therion to so many people in these forums. They are probably the single most powerful band - musically - in this year's ProgPower. I'm not dogging or dissing anyone else's favorite band by saying that either. I'm simply stating my opinion. And yes, I've listened to the other bands. Stratovarius has never impressed me, and neither has Angra. So as far as well-known, name bands with more than a few albums to their name, Therion is going to rule PPUSAVI as far as I'm concerned! :worship:

:D

Rider of Theli said:
I'm hoping as much. I just don't see what's so unattractive about Therion to so many people in these forums. They are probably the single most powerful band - musically - in this year's ProgPower. I'm not dogging or dissing anyone else's favorite band by saying that either. I'm simply stating my opinion. And yes, I've listened to the other bands. Stratovarius has never impressed me, and neither has Angra. So as far as well-known, name bands with more than a few albums to their name, Therion is going to rule PPUSAVI as far as I'm concerned! :worship:

:D

Sure...what other band could provide such great eating & shopping time? :loco:

Hahaha, burnnnnn. I'm personally no fan of Therion either, but I'm really planning on their performance to convert me. So they'd better not screw up! :D

Stratovarius for any of these:

Alias Eye
Man On Fire
Sylvan
Ulver
Redemption
Zero Hour
Dredg
Riverside

i think that works because none of those are as high status as Strato

Emerald Sword said:
:headbang: No fucking way you'll be alone, Dude! I love THERION! Many converts will be won over after their set. Bank on it. :headbang:
I think that Therion will be the spectacle that defines PPVI.