OceanbarD

DeadsouL of a modern bard
Oct 9, 2001
Canada
Hey , what you guys think of sweeden bands ? like
Vintersorg of course but all the other too like
in flames , soilwork and all ? any preference for
sweedish bands ? then let me know.

hello! well,this is my first post here and probably my last,since hmmmm i shouldn't be here hehe I am not a fan of Vintersorg(though I read this forum quite often)....
Btw, I do like Otyg......
:)

Well,I'm a big fan of many swedish bands,mostly death/deathly ones.....
In Flames and soilwork i don't like,but I love At the Gates (RIP), OPETH (yeah,I post at the opeth forum),Katatonia (there,too),Hypocrisy,Dark tranquillity,Edge of sanity,the Haunted......
Also Dissection are very cool,Gates of Isthar,Maze of torment (\m/)the first marduk stuff,Azure is also cool....etc

Generally Sweden has a great deal of cool bands..and so does Norway
:)

:hotjump:

oooooops,indeed I omitted The crown *shame on me*
These guys rule!!!!!!!!!

well,i haven't heard much vintersorg stuff,but from what i've heard they have never attracted my attention.....

In Flames is okay... Dark Tranquility is a little less okay than In Flames... I couldn't get into Opeth, but I have only heard maybe five of their songs. Katatonia doesn't do much for me either. I do, however, like Left Hand Solution.

I think Finland makes more music that I really get into than Sweden. Skepticism, Shape of Despair (droooooool), Finntroll, Amorphis... All great stuff.

Norway? Eeeeh... I don't think I've really heard much from there except for a few songs from Storm off the Nordavind album. I would like a copy of it, but I think I prefer Otyg's style of folk/metal. Only other Norwegian band I've heard is Borknagar, and they're sort of hit and miss with me... when they hit, it's reeeealy good, but when they miss, I just can't stand to hear it.

I think, though, that my own USA makes the most music that I like in terms of the number of bands I can name... Too bad they're all many hundreds of miles away and don't make enough money to tour. :(

same to me....
it's a melt between Sweden and Finland....
but from sweden clearly Dark Tranquillity and Dark Tranquillity, also a great band is Dark Tranquillity, and I wouldn't like to forget Dark Tranquillity which to me are awesome ;P
Also Opeth, Amon Amarth, Soilwork, At The Gates, Arch Enemy, and many many others.
From Finland??? Finntroll!!!!!! then Amorphis, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Children Of Bodom, Throne Of Chaos, APOCALYPTICA! and yeap, many many others XDDDD
cheers
fv

Let me name my fav Scandinavian bands too.

Sweden: In Flames, Vintersorg, Hammerfall, Marduk, Thyrfing, Opeth, Therion, Nostradameus, Lost Horizon, Soilwork, Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Dark Tranquillity

Norway: Dimmu Borgir, Borknagar, Bloodthorn, Immortal, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Einherjer, Arcturus, Old Man's Child, Storm, Kovenant

Finland: Finntroll, And Oceans, Impaled Nazarene, Moonsorrow, Stratovarius, Nightwish, Amorphis, Children of Bodom

And many more I can't remember