SX Fans in NJ (or anywhere for that matter) check in here!

Psychotic Episode

Fugghedaboudit.
Aug 1, 2002
NJ
Visit site
Hey All:

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as a new member to the board. So glad I found this!

Anyway, I've been a Symphony fan right from the beginning, and am looking forward to talking with you all.

Flash back a few years...

I discovered Mike R's playing after seeing him in a column in a guitar magazine called "Resume". It highlighted unsigned, up and coming guitarists and even provided contact information for obtaining demos, etc. So, I called the phone number listed and I end up talking with Mike who, at the time, had just gotten out of Phantom's Opera. I thought it was a strange coincidence because I already had a copy of the Phantom's Opera CD, and had always wondered about the incredible guitar on the album.

A week or so later, I got a demo cassette of The Dark Chapter in the mail and, from then on, I've been a loyal fan!!!

I'm hoping that SX makes an appearance somewhere close to NJ, as I missed their show in NYC last year. Frustrating that the band records like 20 miles from where I live but I've never been able to catch them live!

Again, looking forward to talking with you all!

Rich Cabelo
:)

Im not right if MJR was the one in Phantom's Opera Rich.
A short time ago,I remember I saw the line-up of the cd and the guitar player had a name which remember Michael Romeo,but it's not Michael Romeo.
I just dont know,I never heard that record so I cant confirm you that.In all SyX bio's there's nothing about Phantom's Opera,and I think that's a question that should be in the SyX FAQ.
Hum,that's a good question :)

No, Michael was in Phantoms Opera, I have the CD. I think Ive posted about it before, kinda interesting. He looks REALLY young in the liners, like, 19-21, and the music is Bon Jovi-ish.

Only for the extreme Romeo-philes :D

Welcome to the board!!!

And yep, it was *our* Mike Romeo in Phantom's Opera..check the photos in the s/t cd liner, & there he is :)

Originally posted by Psychotic Episode

I'm hoping that SX makes an appearance somewhere close to NJ, as I missed their show in NYC last year. Frustrating that the band records like 20 miles from where I live but I've never been able to catch them live!

Rich Cabelo

Hi Rich!

You do know that SX played two shows in Jersey last year, right? :) In fact, did you email me about tickets to one of their gigs? Your name sounds familiar...

Well, whatever the case, welcome aboard. I hope to see you at any SX shows in the NY/NJ/CT area in the future. :)

~Christina

QUOTE]Originally posted by Psychotic Episode

Rich Cabelo
[/QUOTE]

Hi Rich!

You do know that SX played two shows in Jersey last year, right? :) In fact, did you email me about tickets to one of their gigs? Your name sounds familiar...

Well, whatever the case, welcome aboard. I hope to see you at any SX shows in the NY/NJ/CT area in the future. :)

~Christina

Yep. I actually purchased the Phantom's opera CD when it was NEW if you can believe that! And when I saw Mike in the Resume column of (I think it was Guitar for The Practicing Musician), I finally put two and two together. I think that had to be back in 1992, because I had come across the Phatom's Opera stuff in 89 or 90 I think.

By the way, my only claim to fame is that my name appears in the liner notes of "Twilight in Olympus" right after the name Uasuo Nakamura:cool: I think that was the band's way of politely asking me to stop sending fan letters :D Naturally, I own multiple copies of the CD. :D

Christina: OH MY GOD, I did NOT know they played in NJ twice last year. You're from NJ, I take it?

Damn, I would have chewed off my own thumb to go see that show.

Rich C.

Originally posted by Yngvai X
No, Michael was in Phantoms Opera, I have the CD. I think Ive posted about it before, kinda interesting. He looks REALLY young in the liners, like, 19-21, and the music is Bon Jovi-ish.

Only for the extreme Romeo-philes :D

Yngvai X....

I thought I was the only one who owned that CD!

If you can get past the vocals and some of the cheese on that album, there are some killer guitar tracks. Last two tracks (Portrait of Dorian Gray and Word from the Master) rank up there on the Romeo shred-o-meter, in my humble opinion :)

Rich

Originally posted by Psychotic Episode

Christina: OH MY GOD, I did NOT know they played in NJ twice last year. You're from NJ, I take it?

Damn, I would have chewed off my own thumb to go see that show.

Rich C.

I'm from NYC, actually. :) And let's hope you won't have to chew off any body parts to see a Symphony X show. That could be very messy. LOL!

~Christina:cool:

Originally posted by Stardust2112

And let's hope you won't have to chew off any body parts to see a Symphony X show. That could be very messy. LOL!

Also makes it harder to enjoy those delicious chocolate chip cookies.

Yep...good show here in Jersey. Keep your thumbs and keep your eyes on around these parts...you'll get your chance to catch them again, I'm sure.

- Chris

Originally posted by Stardust2112

I'm from NYC, actually. :) And let's hope you won't have to chew off any body parts to see a Symphony X show. That could be very messy. LOL!

~Christina:cool:

Are u the Christina that takes pics at all the local SyX shows? Im also from NYC btw :)

Ahh yes I know you...lol you are on my wall! lol I have a picture of Mike Romeo that I printed out and pasted on my wall, and ur face is in the lower left hand part, beautiful long reddish hair I might add, a lovely and beautiful contrast to the fat chubby sweaty guy that hogs most of the pic (MJR :p) lol Im pretty sure thats you, cuz at the first NYC SyX show w/ October Thorns...I was on the right hand side of the stage at Lamours in front of Lepond, and you had ur camera, and I made room for you to take the pic...also Russels girlfriend was near me eheh

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
Ahh yes I know you...lol you are on my wall! lol I have a picture of Mike Romeo that I printed out and pasted on my wall, and ur face is in the lower left hand part, beautiful long reddish hair I might add, a lovely and beautiful contrast to the fat chubby sweaty guy that hogs most of the pic (MJR :p) lol Im pretty sure thats you, cuz at the first NYC SyX show w/ October Thorns...I was on the right hand side of the stage at Lamours in front of Lepond, and you had ur camera, and I made room for you to take the pic...also Russels girlfriend was near me eheh

Beautiful hair? You're very sweet. Thanks. :) I wonder how many other SX photos my big head is in. LOL! I'd like to see that pic one of these days, btw, so I can say, "Look! There's my big head on stage with Michael Romeo." Haha!

~C