Sydo

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Just been reading your response to Blitzy about copying the Motorhead DVD onto video. The obvious question is, how do you do that? :eek:

I know I've asked about such things before on this BB and got some very helpful answers, but I still haven't worked out how it can be done. Details if you please...

W

I'd say that you'd just hook up the AV cords from the DVD output to the VCR input. Then like with dubbing videos, put the VCR channel onto AV and press record while the DVD plays.

However I wouldn't know from experience coz I don't have a DVD player.

Some dvd player and video recorders need a special decoder box thingo between them or else when you record the tape no sound comes out, it's some piracy protection thing on the dvd itself,some have em,some don't.

I'm lucky,dad's dvd player has one built in,so i can pirate to my hearts content.

Hello. :)

Firstly.. does your VCR have AV input? Those little yellow, white & red plugs?
If it doesn't, you can't do it.

Oh and Koichi, I've heard that copy boxes are available from Truscott Hi-Fi for $150. That's only in SA though. Can't speak for the rest of the country.

However, if Sydo's idea works, I can copy anything I want without having to go to such intolerable expense :).

W

Well in theory.. you should just be able to unplug the yellow (visual) lead from the rear of your TV, and the red & white (audio) from your stereo.
Plug these into the input on the VCR, and it should work. If it doesn't, it probably has the problem that Koichi mentioned.

If your VCR only has two plugs, you won’t be able to record in stereo.

Alternatively, you could send 'em to me and I'd do 'em. :)

Thanks for the offer, but I think sending you DVD box sets of the first four seasons of The X-Files to copy would be a teensy bit impractical, not to mention expensive :lol:.

I'll have a fiddle (ooh pardon!) with me plugs and see what I can work out. Your advice was much appreciated :).

W