Symphony X candidates for Gigantour!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
urinalcakemix said:
I think its a fun rivalry, not even a rivalry, its just a fun comparison. Props to Portnoy for digging SX =O

yeah, I used to think portnoy had a shitty taste when it came to music (he listens to a little (c)rap) but now I think he is ok now........(im sorry but my vocab is running low today)..

With the band in the process of working on the new cd, do you really think they will commit to doing such a tour? Just a thought for you to mull over. Being mentioned as a candidate is one thing, confirmed is another.

Glenn

WhoFooldU said:
With the band in the process of working on the new cd, do you really think they will commit to doing such a tour? Just a thought for you to mull over. Being mentioned as a candidate is one thing, confirmed is another.

Glenn
Yes. Now go back to Killjoyia, killjoy!!

pretty freakin' sweet. i'll definately be going if its anywhere around PA/DE/MD/VA. and i'll bring earplugs. ...for during the shitty bands.

and just cuz i cant find the thread this is sposed to go in ... 10 days til the new Family Guy season!

Ayreon Guardian X said:
What, you don't like Scenes From a Memory? That is one of my favorite Dream Theater albums...especially their live perfomance of it on the Metropolis 2000 DVD...that DVD is absolutely excellent...one of my favorite live DVD's...

Unfortunately, no--I don't like it very much. I think it gets incredibly boring in places, and I never get in a mood to want to sit through the thing. I don't like Jordan Rudess ONE bit, sorry. Train of Thought is good exactly because Rudess knows (or at least knows better) when to shut up.

As for Ayreonauts Only, you can get it on Amazon...I might pick it up eventually after all...I just saw that it is not horrible, price-wise...and Star One - Space Metal (Limited Edition) is actually fairly priced on Amazon...

Well, maybe I'll pick them up someday, too... :)

part of me wants to be extremely happy because it means i might get to see SX again, but the other part is sad cause ill have to sit through bands i cant stand to listen to before SX...............quite a conundrum :erk:

Beat the shit out of the hardcore newbs before SX. They dont deserve to get the ear fucking of a lifetime from SX anyway. PLus, since circle pits are all the rave, you'll be like a GOD for kicking ass.

kids these days =/

it would be cool, but WhoFoolDu has a point. I'd rather have them work on their cd then go through a tour where they probably won't get a lot of time to play, like how nevermore only gets like 35 min.

And Plus, they will have their own tour after the cd right? HEADLINING tour that is.

There's nothing like seeing Symphony X in a small nightclub filled with all fans of this band who are there because they truly appreciate the music and what they have to offer. I think about how the guys and their families would benefit from large venues and arena tours (financially). They deserve all the fame and fortune that can come to them. But I also imagine what it is like for them to be performing in a small club realizing that every fan is there to see them, many traveling far just to be a part of the experience. We take family vacations just to see them.
Every performance is special, it doesn't matter where they are or who they are with. But we sure would miss the collective energy of small club shows if they move past that, even though we would be happy for them. So, personally, I hope they don't commit to a megametal tour where they will be playing to a large crowd of people, many who really don't give a shit about any of the music. I hope they finish another great album and headline clubs with opening bands who need good exposure, and get to some places where they haven't been before, so true fans can get a chance to see them.
Does anyone else feel the same, or do I just sound selfish?

I envy all you who will get to see Russ on Saturday. If I could have gotten off work Fri. nite, it would be a road trip.

Rose Immortal said:
Unfortunately, no--I don't like it very much. I think it gets incredibly boring in places, and I never get in a mood to want to sit through the thing. I don't like Jordan Rudess ONE bit, sorry. Train of Thought is good exactly because Rudess knows (or at least knows better) when to shut up

Eh???? At Least Scenes From A Memory has an awesome story and awesome instrumental playing instead of the sometimes mindless, un-melodic wanking.

If you love Kevin James Labrie's voice as much as I do, you will love his vocal performance on SFAM, but an opinion is an opinion.

LaBrie wasn't bad on it. The problem was having to wait through the other stuff to get to his singing.

WhoFooldU said:

Glenn

:confused:

PARTY-POOPER

WhoFooldU said:

Glenn

Well apparently they have been considering it. Do you ever read Mustaines posts at the Megadeth BB?

It's almost starting to look like a for sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.