SYMPHONY X / DREAM THEATER influenced band, check it out!

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Hey guys,

I've been very happy to mix and master the latest effort of those cool guys. They are Mexican, and are called Agora. They have been around for quite some time, I believe this is their 4th album. They have shared the stage with some impressive bands like Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Symphony X, Carcass, Mötley Crüe, Helloween... Seriously they kick some major ass if you're into progressive and powerful metal.

The album is not totally finished mixing yet (but very close to completion), so as usual comments are still warmly welcome even if the band is already very happy with the result.

Here is one track from the album : Dias de Sombra

Watch out, this is a very loud mix :headbang::headbang::headbang:

flyergrito.jpg

Sounds very nice to me man!
Everything fits very good, only thing I noticed was that all the esses are very audible on the stereo deleay of the main vocal track, I'd tame that a bit!
drums and guitars sound awesome

That sounds super cool. I just sent a link of it to my brother since he can speak spanish (and likes prog).

Awesome music. Good work, sir. Also, the cover art reminds me of a Geof Darrow style. Maybe the artist was influenced by him.

I did not record them (Tonio Ruiz did and produced this album) but here is what he told me about the guitars:

For Manuel's 7 string we used a Bogner Ubershall both channels main and double, and for Sergio's 6 string we used a Soldano Lucky 13, and doubled with a Marshall JCM900... all to a Marshall 1960 4x12 cabinet with 3 mics: sm57, md421 and e609, all of them in phase.

The guitars have an unusual panning as far as I'm concerned: the 7 strings are 100% L and R, and the 6 strings are 75% L and R. It's what worked the best here.

Amazing mix, really hard hitting. It sounds a bit darker than the average prog which I'm very much enjoying too. Big fan of the vocalist, he sort of reminds me of a (spanish) Joern Lande. Also, as mentioned before, the album cover is one of the most badass I've ever seen.