Symphony X Gamers Unite!

PrgrsveMetalnChains

Vocal Prince
Jun 18, 2007
FWB, FL
Gotta have a place for us fellow Metal Gamers to unite.

The Black Mages ftw.

So...state your favorite genre / game, and how game music affects you if at all.

- RPGs / Final Fantasy. Nobuo Uematsu, composer of FF music had me hooked since FF1. It's the reason I play games...for the music. If the soundtrack sucks, the game loses too much personality and is unplayable IMO.

Next? lol

I'm a major gamer, my favorites being Fighting games and RPGs !!
I love playstation 1 rpgs, there are no games like those games.. my favorites being Breath of Fire 3, Breath of Fire 4, and Suikoden 2
Fighting game favorites = Last Blade 2, Tekken 5, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, King Of Fighters 2003, Dead or Alive series, and Bushido Blade !!
I also play a lot of one player games for fun like first person shooters and platformers, but not often

My favorite games are Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Deus Ex, Thief, Diablo II, Worms, Enemy Territory etc. so it's many kind of games. Mostly rpg though.

I don't play games anymore that much though because my computer is kind of broken and has been for months.

I am a huge fighting game fan. My favorites being 2d fighting games like Street Fighter and my absolute fav fighting game series Guilty Gear. I really love the music in Guilty Gear games as the man who makes the music is a metal fan and all his music is influenced by diff metal genres. Character names and moves in the game are also named after all different types of metal bands and people.

I am also a huge RPG fan too. While I don't like the more recent FF games I do enjoy the older titles. The newest FF game that I really enjoyed is IX. I didn't care too much for X but it was "ok", I thought X-2 had a fun battle system despite the rest of the aspects of the game to be quite bland. I have not yet played XII for more than an hour or so. It seems like its not that fun plus all the negative things I have heard about it seem to be true from what I have played. Maybe one day I will get around to it and it may even end up being fun.

Music wise I love the music in the Suikoden series, especially in the second game. The third game was not too great music wise yet the opening song was great. In the fourth game the music was ok but not great with the opening song being one of my all time favorite suikoden songs to date. The fifth game had good music but I thought the opening theme was kind of bland.

I also really love the music in the Castlevania series. I have always imagined SyX could do an awesome song for a Castlevania game one day. That or they could maybe do a cover of a classic Castlevania song like Vampire Killer.

Doom.png

I'm getting back into playing FF now since no more traveling for me, got FF x-2 for PS2 but luckily along with SX coming out tomorrow so is FF1 for PSP, sure bliss on the 26th! hey that rymes....

^ lol.

I also really love the music in the Castlevania series. I have always imagined SyX could do an awesome song for a Castlevania game one day. That or they could maybe do a cover of a classic Castlevania song like Vampire Killer.

In Candlelight Fantasia, that keyboard breakdown in the middle of the song reminds very much of the Castlevania series. It's a fun game, I just can't play it for days, which is why I'm an RPG fan.

Doom owns, I've beaten it several times and played many WADs for it, so have I with Castle Wolfenstein ! Pretty amazing games for the time !
Breath of Fire 3 has some pretty good music, and Breath of Fire 4 had a really international music vibe thing going on, it was alright, but a lot of the Breath of Fire 3 music was jazzy and technoish but with really cool drum beats !
Suikoden 2 had alright music in it, it did its job, I really like at the beginning of Final Fantasy 3 ( 6 in japan ) where you fight that snail boss, the music on that part is so cool and it reminds me of Symphony X lol
Guily Gear does have cool music, but you just can't beat Marvel Vs. Capcom 2's jazz music ! Its so weird it fits ! lol
I'm sure I could whoop anyone in that game with Chip Zanuff !!

RPG's are defintely my favorite form of gaming entertainment. I love pretty much every PS1 RPG, final fantasy's (VI being my favorite), Xenogears, Suikoden 1 & 2, Lunar 1 & 2, Wild Arms, etc. I'm a big fan of the side scrolling action games of the NES and SNES era like Castlevania, Magic Sword, and Shinobi. RPG gaming music is simply the best there is. Nothing like a great boss battle theme to get the blood pumpin! Oh and I think the Syx song most like a Castlevania theme is Thorns of Sorrow ( what an opening!)

i've played all kinds of games. I used to be HUGE on RTS games, though that kinda fell off. RPGs have always been good to me, and I play shooters too. but lately i've been craving nostalgia with the old lucas arts adventure games.

sam and max OWN.

I like some games with good story, like Metal Gear Solid - games. They're very good. Solid snake is the man! :p Music is a bit techno atleast in MGS2, but I think that MGS1 has some really cool music themes.
I also really enjoy Soul Calibur, best fighting game I know.

Lately, I've only played some FPS multiplayergames with friends for fun. I of course pwn. :p

I like some games with good story, like Metal Gear Solid - games. They're very good. Solid snake is the man! :p Music is a bit techno atleast in MGS2, but I think that MGS1 has some really cool music themes.
I also really enjoy Soul Calibur, best fighting game I know.

Lately, I've only played some FPS multiplayergames with friends for fun. I of course pwn. :p

5 Days A Stranger
7 Days A Skeptic
Trilby's Notes
6 Days A Sacrifice

I recently played through these short freeware games. I'm not surprised at all if someone makes a movie based on them. If you play the game in this particular order you'll get the maximum experience.

Also you should try Enclosure:
http://home.deds.nl/~femo/enclosure.htm

I don't have any favourite genre since I don't play games very much.

Diablo II is about the only game I play. I haven't found anything else I really like.

LoL! You haven't found another game to play since 2000? That must suck.
I dilly-dally with a new character on D2 every now and then but it's hard to play hardcore anymore.

You should check out Hellgate: London. From the makers of Diablo who left Blizzard to form they're own company. It looks amazing; and it's almost identical to D2 as well, just ...better.

By the way...Diablo 2's music is amazing to anyone who hasn't heard it. Soundtracks are available for download somewhere I'm sure...as are the soundtracks to almost any game out there.

Diablo 1 is the only one I liked.. and I played it a lot ! lol
I've played every Metal Gear Solid, and the story in each one of them is just.. amazing. The director of the game and writer of the story are geniuses ! Really original and creative

*cracks knuckles* Final Fantasy lovers might enjoy this

Yes, I made it. Anywho:
Favorite genres: FPS, RPG, Racing, Simulation
Favorite games: Zelda series, some Final Fantasy but not a lot (only beat 2 of those), Freespace 2 (an AWESOME PC game that's FREE now). My current obsession is Guild Wars though...
I think the ending of Metal Gear Solid 3 was the only time music really affected me in a game.

*cracks knuckles* Final Fantasy lovers might enjoy this
Favorite games: Zelda series

Nice vid. Looks good; Advent Children was a great movie

I'm playing Twilight Princess right now for Wii...fun stuff as always. Probably 2nd best in the series thus far. 1st is Wind Waker :)