Symphony X in NYC 4/5

Wow, what a great time. Like a mini-ProgPower in terms of socialization. That's gotta be the most fun I've had outside of PP in a long time. Great to see Metal Rose, General Zod, AngraRules, Kaosaur, Shaq, and so many more. Looking through my photos, there's much to post, but I gotta get some shut eye now. Thanks to all the great people there tonight for making this one special. Hope some made it into home ok after some drunken bobble... lol

That was the 10th time I've seen them, and it may have been their best performance. And I think they have the sound to thank. They had incredible separation and a perfect mix.

Great to see everyone.

Zod

Wow, what a great time. Like a mini-ProgPower in terms of socialization. That's gotta be the most fun I've had outside of PP in a long time. Great to see Metal Rose, General Zod, AngraRules, Kaosaur, Shaq, and so many more. Looking through my photos, there's much to post, but I gotta get some shut eye now. Thanks to all the great people there tonight for making this one special. Hope some made it into home ok after some drunken bobble... lol

OMG, I had the best time EVER outside of PP!!! My throat is killing me from all the talking and laughing and singing. And I got to grope Zod! KICKASS! :lol: I f'ing love you guys!

Symphony X show number 22 for me and they never fail to deliver an excellent performance. :headbang:

~C

I got groped by...uhh...Milton.

And I went an entire night without telling an extremely offensive joke! Last night was a blast.

What was the setlist? That Blabbermouth link doesn't seem to be working.

Sounds like it was a great show, glad everyone had a blast.

Jason

he group's setlist was as follows:

01. Oculus Ex Inferni (intro)
02. Set the World on Fire
03. Domination
04. Serpent's Kiss
05. Masquerade
06. Paradise Lost
07. Through the Looking Glass
08. Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
09. Smoke and Mirrors
10. Sea of Lies
11. Revelation / Divine Wings of Tragedy
-----------------------
12. Eve of Seduction
13. Of Sins and Shadows

LOL The highlight was Brian almost dying... LOL (that was so wrong)...
LOL, I guess everyone made it home ok? We managed to drop someone off in Staten Island and then get down to central Jersey before too late. No, I wasn't driving.:loco:

he group's setlist was as follows:

01. Oculus Ex Inferni (intro)
02. Set the World on Fire
03. Domination
04. Serpent's Kiss
05. Masquerade
06. Paradise Lost
07. Through the Looking Glass
08. Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
09. Smoke and Mirrors
10. Sea of Lies
11. Revelation / Divine Wings of Tragedy
-----------------------
12. Eve of Seduction
13. Of Sins and Shadows

Awesome. Thanks.

Divine Wings = :kickass:

Jason

Divine Wings = :kickass:
Agreed. However, not a great set list overall.

"Masquerade" is an odd choice.

Nothing from "The New Mythology Suite" (my personal favorite). That was a disappointment.

Seven of the fourteen tracks they played were from the new disc. Now, I understand a band needs to push their latest disc. But did they need to play seven of the ten tracks from "Paradise Lost"? That just seems like overkill.

On a side note, I heard they sold 2,100 tickets. That's simply amazing. Granted, it's their backyard, but still.

Zod

EDIT: I didn't catch it, but I heard Into Eternity set a new low as far as awful performances goes. And that's right from the mouth of one of their biggest apologists (who shall rename nameless).

Nothing from "The New Mythology Suite" (my personal favorite). That was a disappointment.

Seven of the fourteen tracks they played were from the new disc. Now, I understand a band needs to push their latest disc. But did they need to play seven of the ten tracks from "Paradise Lost"? That just seems like overkill.

Yeah - that is pretty lame. Very reminiscent of what Maiden did with their previous tour. I just happened to see Divine Wings and salivated.

Zod said:
On a side note, I heard they sold 2,100 tickets. That's simply amazing. Granted, it's their backyard, but still.

Very impressive, let's hope they keep the momentum going.

Zod said:
EDIT: I didn't catch it, but I heard Into Eternity set a new low as far as awful performances goes. And that's right from the mouth of one of their biggest apologists (who shall rename nameless).

LOL - perhaps getting on some more tours will help shake off the rustiness. :loco:

Jason

I am a huge Into Eternity fan, and I have to say they sounded terrible on Saturday...especially Stu. I think the smoking every night has really taken its toll on the guy's voice, because it was just plain bad. It's a damn shame...