SYMPHONY X NYC SHOW

in that case im ordering my tickets today since it affirms that the bands agent did this himself, thanks for the insight glenn. now lets just hope that this date doesnt get moved, god forbid cancelled.:headbang:

Just remember that neither the band nor venue loses anything if an "unconfirmed" show disappears. However, ticketmaster still wins. That's why I suggest you wait on the confirmation.

In my experiences with BB Kings they've been pretty spot on with their announcements.. well with the exception of James Brown he died, so they had to cancel.. its not like we're talking about the Jaxx. At any rate I have no problem biting the bullet and grabbing tickets and probably giving ticketbastard a nice easy chunk of change, but sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do to see your favorite band at the moment..

Well, I always would LIKE to wait for a confirmation, but some shows you just know are going to sell out, so you have to take the chance. (Like when Nightwish nearly took over the Pre-party night.)

So, I picked up a couple of SymX tickets through TM yesterday despite the fees. Now the hubby is gonna pick up a couple more from the box office, since he walks right by on his way home from the city. Hopefully, this will be confirmed soon. Look forward to seeing a lot of you there. If all goes well, this will be a helluva great show! :kickass:

Well, I always would LIKE to wait for a confirmation, but some shows you just know are going to sell out, so you have to take the chance. (Like when Nightwish nearly took over the Pre-party night.)

So, I got picked up a couple of SymX tickets through TM yesterday despite the fees. Now the hubby is gonna pick up a couple more from the box office, since he walks right by on his way home from the city. Hopefully, this will be confirmed soon. Look forward to seeing a lot of you there. If all goes well, this will be a helluva great show! :kickass:

Yeah, I was going to wait and go downtown today, but it's too freakin cold. LOL. I got them online yesterday, so if the show is cancelled, I'll be out about $15 in fees, but I don't care because it saved me from having to go to BB King's in 8 degree weather. :lol:

~C

Yeah, I went ahead and grabbed a couple. I'd be a lot more than $15 of upset if I waited and this sold out.
Yea, ain't that the sad truth? We gotta do it much as we'd like to be more circumspect. This baby WILL sell out if it truly is a one out show.

Yea, ain't that the sad truth? We gotta do it much as we'd like to be more circumspect. This baby WILL sell out if it truly is a one out show.

Probably not. I don't think Symphony X has that kind of drawing power.

If it was a US debut, that would be another story.

Probably not. I don't think Symphony X has that kind of drawing power.

I think they do now. They've been getting a lot more recognition after touring with Halford and Queensryche and after playing Gigantour. Nevermind all the ProgPower USAs they've played. :) BB King's holds about 700 people (I think), and since it looks like people will be coming in from all around the country - in addition to the usuals from NY, NJ and CT - I think it's not too far fetched to say that this show could sell out.

~C

If the date gets cancelled and you order your ticket via ticketmaster, your credit card will be refunded autimatically.
OK, do I get one more chance to whine? Nightwish. Bought 12 tickets to three shows. Was charged about $10/ticket in fees. Tour gets cancelled. Fees not refunded. All shows automatically refunded, EXCEPT the Atlanta, GA show for which I was required to send back the tickets for a refund, regardless of that fact they were bought on the same credit card as the others. Ok, got the ticket price back, cause I took the time to send the GA tickets back, but I still lost the fees. I am still pissy about the whole situation. In case you can't tell. :bah:
Yea, I should have waited until the band confirmed, but as we all know, some of those dates sold out instantly, so it was take the chance and never go, or take the loss. And I was a good enough sport to buy them for other people, particularly those from out of the country.
And no, I didn't think it was right to hit up all the people I bought tickets for, to pay me for fees for a show that didn't happen. Yea, so I'm a loser, and still pissed. Done whining, I swear. :oops: :mad: