Symphony X On Internet Jukeboxes???

Prismatic Sphere

We Carouse
Jul 18, 2002
In A Bowl Of Chili
www.lp.org
I think it would be GREAT exposure for the band if they were on the internet jukeboxes used by bars. But sadly while Fates Warning IS on some of them, Symphony X is nowhere to be found.
Just think, wouldn't it be great to hear "Wicked" whilst carousing with some buds one night?

I asked Romeo about this and he didn't know what the hell they were.:lol:

But I think it's a really good idea.

Jax?:loco:

Yeah I've looked for them on the jukebox at my favorite bar too..plenty of Dream Theater to be found, but no SymX. I'll have to ask management how we'd go about fixing that problem. :)

So I was in my favorite bar last night and The Odyssey came on and it was so awesome that by the end everyone was singing along to the chorus! is what I would say if I ever heard Symphony X in a bar.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've just made some headway with the people over at TouchTunes. I emailed practically everybody in their contacts section. Finally someone got back to me. Here is what she said:

We received your request, thank you.
Below are the actions taken in order to get the ball rolling to have the music available. Please let me know if I should change anything.

I have added 3 albums for our licensing team to verify by Symphony X; Paradise Lost, Twilight in Olympus and Odyssey.

The three albums, I told her, were a good starting point. Though I requested their entire discography(minus the s/t) stressing that EVERY song was good.

However, since they are changing labels, and only SX, Jax, and a few others know to which one they are going, I sent the people at TouchTunes Jax's email addy. I hope you don't mind Jax, but you may want to expect to hear from them.

I also requested a bunch of other prog metal bands like Sieges Even, Ark, Ayreon, and THreshold. As well as Allem/Lande and Russell Allen's solo stuff.

They seem very receptive.

haha, this is sweet. Ive been thinking about it for the longest of time. Plenty of Dream Theater indeed, and for what its worth, Pull Me Under is a great drinking song!

I like to play Fatal Tragedy as it is just so rollicking.

If this happens though, don't forget to make a cheers to Prismatic Sphere when the first notes of your SX jukebox song start to play. :kickass:

She also just added The Damnation Game and Divine Wings!
YAY! :kickass:

As for how long it takes, here is what she said:

I can’t say how long until they would be available though, I wish I could.
The licensing team works based on a priority level, obviously Billboard and top hits first and so on…

*Jukebox Update*:

I've been keeping up with the nice gal from Touchtunes(and now I have to tell her about the band's new label....grrr) and after strenuously asking for anyway that she could hasten the process, here is what she said:

Nothing yet, I’ll see about putting a slight rush on it without disrupting the team and their priority lists…
When I hear anything, I’ll let you know.

I totally hope for something to happen soon. (Hopefully this coming week!)
:Smokin: