Symphony X - The new album

Lapazeus

Feb 16, 2002
Turku, Finland
Visit site
Well, I listened the interview on dementiaradio and LePond said that they probably aren't replaying the debyt. Instead of that they start working on a new album.

So, any guesses/hopes what it will be like?

I hope it will be more melodic & neoclassical than Odyssey and that it will contain same kind of orchestrations like on the Odyssey.

Lapazeus said:
Well, I listened the interview on dementiaradio and LePond said that they probably aren't replaying the debyt. Instead of that they start working on a new album.

So, any guesses/hopes what it will be like?

I hope it will be more melodic & neoclassical than Odyssey and that it will contain same kind of orchestrations like on the Odyssey.

Huh? I thought they were already working on it, if not finished?

On a new album, I'd like to see Lepond get heard more, possibly make the bass more of a backbone than the drums. I don't want Rullo to get shoved aside, though, he should have another song long "The Death of Balance/Lacrymosia"...

Pinella should get another song like Awakenings, and I think there needs to be a ballad somewhat like Candelight Fantasia...

MJR and Russ will be great as usual, that's a fact...

I don't think an epic like TDWOT or The Odyssey are needed for the next album, but there should be another instrumental like Sonata, maybe a little longer, and hopefully based on Beethoven's fifth...

Alrighty, that's enough suggestions for now...

thanks for the update... i'm actually pretty glad they're working on a new album instead of redoing the debut...

I'm hoping they go in a direction similar to "V" for the next album.

I know the new CD will rock! Just stick to the Odyssey stuff and it will kick ass. The whole band is talented enough, and really anything they do will be good cool! I hope they start and end a tour in the NYC area. I feel we get the shaft when it comes to them sometimes------home is good! Forget that we're not stuck in an 80's warp in the states---- We still want some kick ass rock band to jam with. "Home I dream of Home"............

I hope there is no neo-classical cheeziness like before (In the Dragons Den, Out of The Ashes, Witching Hour, The Relic ectt..) But thats in my opinion.
I hope they'll have the heavy guitars and orchestration of the odessey, the symphonic melodies on V, the solo's of TWoT and a new approach again.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
I hope there is no neo-classical cheeziness like before (In the Dragons Den, Out of The Ashes, Witching Hour, The Relic ect...) But thats in my opinion.
I hope they'll have the heavy guitars and orchestration of the odessey, the symphonic melodies on V, the solo's of TWoT and a new approach again.

Well, I hope there is! If there wasn't, they wouldn't be Symphony X!:)

Well I was really hoping to listen to the redone debut album, after a taste of the studio version of "The Masquerade" with Sir Allen in the Oddysey..

But even if it's a new one, I'm sure it will be another excellent SX album, I just can't expect anything bad from them.

i'd like to say that i hope the new album will be even better than the odyssey... but come on.. the odyssey imo is the best yet..its almost perfect.. anything better would go beyond perfection..thats a scary and prehaps unrealistic standard..if they pull it off... then i will have no words left in me to express how much that album will KICK ASS!!!