Synchestra

Physicist is a brilliant album - certainly superior to Accelerated Evolution which lacked an epic like Planet Rain and was too poppy for my liking.

Ocean Machine still rules the roost.

Anyway, I downloaded Synchestra yesterday but haven't listened to it yet due to lack of time. I'll buy the album:

a) when I get paid next week, and
b) when I find a copy with the DVD attached

I'm sure it will be a step up from the previous effort.

Anyone else notice the mis-spell of Mikael's name in the booklet? A common mistake. :Smug:

Devin once said he would like to remaster it sometime but I don't know if he ever will. Personally I don't mind the production really. It sounds like SYL-lite, which if you like SYL isn't really a bad thing.

As for Synchestra, still haven't gotten it. I haven't been in a Deviny mood lately. I hope it'll be better than Accelerated Evolution. That wasn't bad, but it doesn't live up to his old albums and the last track is too emo sounding for my taste.

I think it is easily a contender for album of the year... so much great stuff on the album that appeals to so many different styles...insane musicianship and even better songwriting...

I have you noticed the layers aswell, devy has feckin stocked this album full of layers.

production on physicist is fine. the mixing isnt that great, though.

that and infinity are his best albums. ocean machine and terria arent far behind.

the new one is good, very good, but nothing like his older work. he needs to be fucked up again so he can write crazy shit.