Death

forestofmyths

Jan 11, 2005
:Spin: Not that this is the place to put this, BUT, since you guys are fellow Opethians, I feel I will tell you. I made a thread a while back on "death metal bands and their tunings" or whatever. I finally got DEATH'S CD Individual thought patterns and I have to say Chuck is a metal GOD. All hail the mighty :worship: Chuck :worship: :hotjump: :headbang: and Opeth :Spin: :wave:

opethkorn said:
:Spin: Not that this is the place to put this, BUT, since you guys are fellow Opethians, I feel I will tell you. I made a thread a while back on "death metal bands and their tunings" or whatever. I finally got DEATH'S CD Individual thought patterns and I have to say Chuck is a metal GOD. All hail the mighty :worship: Chuck :worship: :hotjump: :headbang: and Opeth :Spin: :wave:
I like Symbolic more.

Edit: I think it has more to do with the production than anything else, compared to ITP.

everyone says human is their best, but i beg to differ. i definetly think it's good, and i've actually tried to get into it more, :lol:..but fact is i think individual thought patterns and symbolic are better. i love all 7 records though. it's interesting, how the albums differ.

\Scream - straight up metal, thrash-ish almost
\Leprosy - a pretty big diff. from the debut, IMO, a lot heavier, slower at times, really fucking groovy..i love it.
\Spiritual - similar in vein to Leprosy, IMO. also great music.
\Human - yet another change..their direction was more focused now, and would set the stage for his pinnacle
\Individual - probably my fav death album, it's got incredible riffs, solos, his voice changed a bit on this, compared to the previous albums.
\Symbolic - similar to Individual, very good.
\Perserverance - really great songs, they were longer than most of the stuff he's done. one thing i didn't care for was the repetition within each song. almost every song could have been sliced in half, and they'd still be great. a great final album though.

I dunno why I'm the only person I know who thinks Perseverance was the best album of all of them. In my opinion, while it was somewhat repetitive, it cut down the less inspired riffage that can be found in the other albums (Death is my favorite band). Like Symbolic, there's nothing in particular that sets it apart from Perseverance or Individual Thought Patterns, except that every riff in Perseverance sort of has a purpose. In Symbolic, it seemed like Chuck wasn't holding back any of the worse riffs - like say 1000 Eyes - I think he could have made the song more precise.

screw you, I would like to change my name but cant for some reason. What is everyones trip. I listen to what I like, not what everyone else like. at least im not a little fag hanging outside of hot topic complaining about how screwed up my life or how depressed I am like all the other korn fans. I love life there is always something to learn from. Sure korn is angst and everything but I dont take it seriously I just like the feel of the music. You guys have no respect. All I ask is to stop the repetitive critisizing. its childish.

These are the bands I listen to:

Opeth, Nile, Sepultura(earlier albums), Metallica, Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, Slayer, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Jimmi Hendrix, Iced Earth, Korn, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Amon Amarth, Katatonia, Porcupine Tree, Vehemence, Queensryche, Meshuggah, Strapping Young Lad, In Flames, Borknagar, Fear Factory, Cryptopsy, My Dyiing Bride, Death, Ancient, Lord Gore, vomitory, Cannibal Corpse, Kansas, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, and man many more .

So its not just KORN, Fuckers.

I love Human and Perseverence, but IMO, Individual Thought Patterns is the classic Death album....and the lineup is fucking stellar - Hoglan, DeGeorgio, and LaRoque. amazing.

opethkorn said:
These are the bands I listen to:

Opeth, Nile, Sepultura(earlier albums), Metallica, Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, Slayer, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Jimmi Hendrix, Iced Earth, Korn, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Amon Amarth, Katatonia, Porcupine Tree, Vehemence, Queensryche, Meshuggah, Strapping Young Lad, In Flames, Borknagar, Fear Factory, Cryptopsy, My Dyiing Bride, Death, Ancient, Lord Gore, vomitory, Cannibal Corpse, Kansas, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, and man many more .

So its not just KORN, Fuckers.

I don't care. You like Korn. :(

bangadrian said:
listening to korn is childish
Commenting about it when it's not even the slightest bit relevant is stupid. Your name is pretty easily sneered at too you know. ;)

On topic: Death are amazing. Symbolic would have to be my favourite followed by Scream Bloody Gore.

bangadrian said:
listening to korn is childish

No, being an asshole just because not everyone listens to the same music you do is 'childish.'

As far as I'm concerned, what really sucks about music today are the fucking elitists that invariably come with every single genre. Metal is apparently no exception. Pardon the stupid cliché, but if you dare to think outside of the elitist 'box' and choose what you listen to based on what actually appeals to you and NOT what is acceptable among the people who believe themselves to be more "tr00" metal than everyone else, you are going to take shit for it.

Think about it this way: If everyone liked the exact same music, no one would ever have come up with anything new. There wouldn't be the variation there is today, because if everyone is in love with the status quo, why would they bother experimenting with alternatives? Metal WOULD NOT EXIST, because it definitely wasn't the first musical style to emerge. We'd all still be listening to Beethoven or something.

And yeah, I happen to like Korn. So fucking sue me.