Death

kornidiots9bg.jpg

Sorry I just had to...

I don't think I'm "better" than others, because of the music I like, or the music they like, but in my opinion... some bands are just horrible. Not to everyone, but to me. \v/

Normally, I'd clean out all the inflammatory crap here so that a good thread wouldn't get wasted, but there's too many posts for it to be worth the effort.

In any case, guys, remember that the outstanding characteristic of the cliche Opeth fan is that they're supposed to be an open-minded individual. To dismiss another band so readily, despite what scene it's from whilst dually insulting someone about it who hasn't provoked anything in this thread is just bigotry.

So please, let's get this back on track.

bangadrian said:
oh and by the way i feel your pain, because i got a lot of crap a while ago for listening to system of a down -- however i do not vouch for their next album, it very well may suck

Agreed. Last two were very good if you ask me, but after hearing "Cigaro"... wakte me up when it's over.

Cuz when I think of Death metal I think of Cannibal corpse (although I cum blood is one of the best song titles ever) and Nile, which bore the shit out of me. Give me some Death songs to chck out.

Try to download some albums. Leprosy and Individual Thought Patterns are the best, I'm sure the guys here will let you know too.
Cannibal Corpse is not the only death metal band out there, you should check out some Vader, Behemoth, Morbid Angel, (Death too), Bloodbath, Veneficum or Hypocrisy Which are the best death metal bands for me.
Best Cannibal Corpse title? Fuck, lots of them but by far: Fucked with a Knife or Stabbed in the Throat.

I checked out morbid angel and wasnt that impressed, I must check out bloodbath though, I checked out Crimson by Edge of Sanity that was quite cool. But ill get some Death.

I must be the only Opeth fan who doesnt listen to Death Metal haha.

Cheers for your help :)

Opeth fans are very open-minded. I was impressed that someone who listens to Opeth haven't heard off of Death or dislike some death metal bands. Just some curious and innocent contradictions.
If you need more help about Bloodbath, you can post on their forum or PM me. :)
You're very welcome.

I was never big on Death although it slowly grew on me over time.

At the moment though, I'm loving:

Necrophagist
Blood Red Throne
Bloodbath
Vehemence

Death is a given though, that band just fucking rules.

Don't listen to the other guy. You need entry stuff. Death is like an acquired taste. Get stuff from Symbolic if anything, and The Sound of Perseverance. Leprosy will probably bore you if Morbid Angel does. As for songs:

Crystal Mountain
Symbolic
Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Voice of the Soul
Story to Tell
Bite the Pain
Misanthrope
Perenial Quest

I dont listen to BM either haha, I was kinda dissapointed though when Chuck Died never heard his music, but for a guy who is credited with being one of the biggest influences in the genre i was saddened some-one so influential died.

Edit - Downloading left to die, sounds like hallowed be thy name on acid.

EDIT 2 - Luz isnt a guy, and she likes Antimatter so Im going to trust her judgement.

Alternative 3 said:
Cuz when I think of Death metal I think of Cannibal corpse (although I cum blood is one of the best song titles ever) and Nile, which bore the shit out of me. Give me some Death songs to chck out.
Just start with The Sound of Perseverance (Spirit Crusher and Scavenger of Human Sorrow are good starting tracks) and work your way down.

Get Cryptopsy - None So Vile as well.