syqem - the exterminating angel (for fans of tool, porcupine tree etc)

This song is on repeat in my player!

Really good and refreshing...your vocals are awesome and so is the overall songwriting!

Catchy and beautiful! Seriously...that's some of the best stuff I've heard for a long time...I also dig the production...I would kill for such a mix. ;)

I don't hear too much Meshuggah in this...more Sikth; but I don't think it's rip off at all.

Really great stuff!

And is it possible that you post the Wagner/SoloC/Impulse settings?
And is it possible that noone asked this yet?

Best wishes!

@ ruonitb - nice to hear that! Thank you.

yeah, sikth is a big influence, though we're really not much of a technical band :) I would kill to be able to play live so perfect like the guys from sikth, these guys are amazing.

But i figured out that technical bands most of the times kill the vocals with tooo many notes :loco: same with sikth...

i will upload the wagner patch in the next days!

Holy shit, very great song, and its very original. Its one of the best song i've heared nowdays. Melodic, catchy.
It sounds fucking amazing! Great riffs and vocals!

Can you tell a little more about the guitar chain? Witch impulse did you use?Is it Quad tracked? Other plugins?
The drums are very great too. I'm looking soo long for this natrual drum sound. Would you share the preset with us? Or tell me please, what did you do with them? I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!
We need more!:)

Holy shit, very great song, and its very original. Its one of the best song i've heared nowdays. Melodic, catchy.
It sounds fucking amazing! Great riffs and vocals!

Can you tell a little more about the guitar chain? Witch impulse did you use?Is it Quad tracked? Other plugins?
The drums are very great too. I'm looking soo long for this natrual drum sound. Would you share the preset with us? Or tell me please, what did you do with them? I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!
We need more!:)

thanks man!
this song is actually somewhat of a natural progession for us.

my band exists since 2002, we started out as a very slow and ambient sounding band, we where compared to dredg a lot of times and of course tool/a perfect circle.
but when we discovered all those great technical bands, we started writing very very complicated stuff.

over 3 years we couldn't really finish any new song, that we were satisfied with, because there was basically no room for vocals anymore.
all polyrhythms and notey stuff just left no space for my voice.

so we try to write actual "songs" now. i would often put 10 ideas into 1 Song... i thought that was "experimental" and new... actually it was just
trying too hard to be special.

i think the internet / myspace has pretty much destroyed my love for technical bands , which now is a good thing, as it helped us to find out what our strength is.

it just took me 3 years to discover that i want to make music, not noise...

ABOUT THE GUITARS :

- >> Quad Tracked
- >> its basically Wagner MK II in comination with Soldano C
- >> impulses were the demo ones from Recabinet ( Ghandi I 5)

when i return from our show tonight, i will upload , promise! :)
same for the Superior Settings !

Excellent work, everything about this is awesome. Amazing!!

kazrog! and you're part of this , hehe ! so thanks to you as well
for those great impulses. :worship:

i will definately buy recabinet 2.0. when its out!

also if you like, you can of course put the song on your page, for demo purposes (i could then give you a higher bitrate mp3).

I will also record our next songs with my diezel into impulses,
i achieved some great results with the demo recabinet!

What a fantastic song, man!:worship:
Whether you wanna hear about it or not....your voice is great and the guitars sound beautiful :heh:
This kicks ass like crazy! :headbang:

Joeym :)

First class! really enjoyed both of your tracks on Soundclick. Great production, and vox but above all great songwriting. Nice to hear something with some dynamics as opposed to the mind melting metal I keep churning out.
Great stuff.

wow a bit late on this one just amazing what can i say its great to hear nice clear vocals...nice songs and production!!