System of a Down

darkangelkgb said:
All you System haters, don't bash the greatest band of all time!!!! Just kidding!!! But honestly, i do love System of a Down. Darron (actually i think its spelled Daron) but anyways. I LOVE DARON!!!!!!!!!!

Cradle of Filth-Viva La Bam episode- Dani Filth is fucking hot!!!!

jump off a building now kthxbye

Fredy_Brown said:
And you can take black metal seriously? lmao
SOAD are bunch of assholes, but some or their work is not so bad - energic, melodic, good for relax.
Comparing RATM to SOAD is pretty lame. But it´s true, that Zack´s political bitching turned the band off.

I only listen to a few actual pure black metal bands. I do not take them seriously. I'd rather see regular people with a metal image fitting the music over a corperate rock band bringing in tons of money complaining about government,etc.. like they struggle or have concerns(I don't believe it).

It's like Rage Against The Machine bitching about other corperations. So you can use corperations to benifitt yourself but no one else should.

I think people in metal realize darker imagerys fits the music better giving it a more mysterious feel and are not as serious as someone would think.

The only people that take metal seriously image wise are people not involved with the scene or religious groups.

Can we stop all this bashing of posters who are new and like more mainstream bands. I assume we all went through a time that we didn't listen to metal. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the first album we all heard as a kid was by Bathory. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

As I am a complete newb and you don't like people who like mainstream bands, I'll keep this short and sweet. I like SOAD. Their music is different to what you usually get from more mainstream bands, and the lyrics are often rediculous. All I want from a band is to enjoy listening to them, and I enjoy SOAD. There. I would not consider SOAD metal though, hence my rather ignorantly posted topic in the non-metal forum.

As for me coming to this forum, I realise that there is heavier stuff out there and I want to find it. Very few people round where I'm from listen to metal. Probably cause I'm still in school or something, but the heaviest people here hear is Trivium. They don't even know who DragonForce are ;-; (Oh yeah, feel free to flame me for liking DragonForce if you wish. Unless you don't mind them. I just wish they'd write sort of...more varied music ~_~ I think they sound cheesy, but hey, I'm not complaining at 3 minute long rediculous guitar solos)

SYSTEM OF A DOWN is an extraordinary band, they injected a new bliss to Metal (yes maggots, Nu Metal IS Metal) and they're one of the very original bands on the genre...

Unfortunately, they had went dreadfully downhill... I personally love "System Of A Down" and "Toxicity" (one of my favourite albums ever), but since the completely unecessary "Steal This Album" (which is basically a compilation of unreleased material) they began to do it wrong and commercial, and the best example of that are their new albums "Mesmerize" and "Hypnotize"... both have good songs, but are also full of fillers and get very old with time... while I can listen to "Toxicity" everyday without getting bored, with their new material is not the same.

Toad Lord said:
SYSTEM OF A DOWN is an extraordinary band, they injected a new bliss to Metal (yes maggots, Nu Metal IS Metal) and they're one of the very original bands on the genre...

:tickled:

Every word of that post is amusing.

Toad Lord said:

Unfortunately, they had went dreadfully downhill... I personally love "System Of A Down" and "Toxicity" (one of my favourite albums ever), but since the completely unecessary "Steal This Album" (which is basically a compilation of unreleased material) they began to do it wrong and commercial, and the best example of that are their new albums "Mesmerize" and "Hypnotize"... both have good songs, but are also full of fillers and get very old with time... while I can listen to "Toxicity" everyday without getting bored, with their new material is not the same.

When I read your post on Hypocrisy, I thought to myself "Awesome, maybe someone intelligent has joined the boards". Now, however, I dont' know what to think...

Okay I do know what to think, but I wont' say it because I'm a nice person.

Susperia said:
When I read your post on Hypocrisy, I thought to myself "Awesome, maybe someone intelligent has joined the boards". Now, however, I dont' know what to think....

Why, because he likes a band you don't like? :err:

Susperia said:
When I read your post on Hypocrisy, I thought to myself "Awesome, maybe someone intelligent has joined the boards". Now, however, I dont' know what to think...

you can say whatever you want, I'm not a fuckin' newbie in Metal and you wouldn't me the first person to bash me for liking Nu Metal... I couldn't care less so I won't feel offended...

and yeap, Hypocrisy is an awesome band too...

Susperia said:

get off your high horse, you're a fucking idiot as well you know.

I'm not going to check out 'Abducted'. Someone should have told me before checking out 5 other albums.

something > hyprocrisy