System of a Down

Shit On A Dick is one of the worst and most overrated bands around today. I hate their political leanings with a fierce passion and their music has been the same old garbage since their self-titled debut. I actually liked a couple songs off that debut, but I've never been a fan. They've sucked balls ever since Toxicity was masturbated daily on the radio.

I liked em, when I was 14, just like i liked green day when i was 12, they suck.

EVH316 said:
I'm surprised people call them metal. I don't hear any metal there whatsoever. Maybe it's just me.
those are the uneducated(in other words mainstream) people, who don't know what the hell they are talking about. Honestly, I used to like them when my musical boundries were very limited, like when I was 12 or so, but now i've moved onto much much much better music.

Danallica said:
I liked em, when I was 14, just like i liked green day when i was 12, they suck.
ewwwww, Green day

Nemesis_lxix said:
Why does there always have to be a big deal over soad ?
Seriously,what is so grate about them that makes so many people crazy bout them ? (and don’t say they are original !)
all mainstream fucktards who also worship slipknot and think they(your sig kicks ass :kickass:) are the greatest band ever...I can't stand people like that.

I never really considered them a metal band, even when I used to listen to them over a year ago.

I like SOAD. They have a very original sound and I could care less if they are the thing for the 12 yr old metal heads, I still like 'em.

Nemesis_lxix said:
Why does there always have to be a big deal over soad ?
Seriously,what is so grate about them that makes so many people crazy bout them ? (and don’t say they are original !)
Boru said:
I like SOAD. They have a very original sound and I could care less if they are the thing for the 12 yr old metal heads, I still like 'em.

Key word: Original !

What the hell is original about them ?
The fact that their songs are completely retarded ?
Being stupid is not original !

I happen to agree with Boru. I like a very wide variet of music, and SOAD is deffinately on my list. They had a very tight set when I saw them live, which got me more so into them then I was before. I liked everything up to mesmerize, but didn't care for the sequel, Hypnotize. I think even tho their lyrics may be out there, I still appreciate their musicianship, as there music is generally upbeat and I find very sweet to listen to. Alot of people have completely different tastes and SOAD may not be yours, but I don't see why we have to classify and make snide remarks towards others in regards to their musical taste.

I haven't really heard their new stuff, but I've always thought their older stuff was alright. Sure, it might not be that heavy, fast or technically astounding but that doesn't stop it being easy listening, for me at least.

This thread has some of the funniest shit I've ever read :lol: So much bashing, calling each other gay.......what the fuck is that? Do the mods ever shut down threads here? If I were one, this thread would be history right now!!

Look SOAD is far from technical but they still have an original sound, I wouldn't really consider them 'metal" more hard rock w/ a twist.