TAB Thread.

Well you don't need 3 hours, you just need to actually concentrate on what you're doing and HOW you're doing it.

If you want to learn how to sweep cleanly, the steps I wrote out are ESSENTIAL and you should be concentrating on that stuff constantly when you're practising sweep picking.

ALSO:

I've tabbed out Alexi's Betcha Can't Play This lick.

http://download.yousendit.com/3640625260663DE7

There's some little notes above the tab too.

I'm going to work on some simple triplets and work my way up over the next week or two, but my main problem is the muting. I'm just about to pick up the guitar and try what you've described. Hopefully all my sweeping woes will be solved and i'll make Yngwie Malmsteen feel a disturbance in the force =O!!11

heh, mitch now that you point it out thats how I mute my strings, I never realized I did that it just came naturaly.

heh, mitch now that you point it out thats how I mute my strings, I never realized I did that it just came naturaly.

Yeah me too, I was always concerned with how it sounded and not how I actually did it.

Plankcore said:
I'm going to work on some simple triplets and work my way up over the next week or two, but my main problem is the muting. I'm just about to pick up the guitar and try what you've described. Hopefully all my sweeping woes will be solved and i'll make Yngwie Malmsteen feel a disturbance in the force =O!!11

lol good luck. :cool:

Another notice from teh woorhart is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Necrophagist tab book for Epitaph is avaliable for purchase via the Necrophagist website.

http://www.necrophagist.de/Seiten/necrophagist_main.html

Under "Shop".

I know there's some fans here and there's no way you can argue with this since Muhammed wrote it himself as he was writing the album and this is just a printed version of it all. I've got mine ordered already. :cool:

Just incase anyone cares...I don't want to hear your opinion on their music kthx.

I wouldn't bother either, it's really not material for someone to learn if they've been playing under about 4/5 years if you ask me. At least, if it's to be clean and accurate that is. I think there's a few bits I could handle but not everything just yet.

I haven't tried to learn any Necrophagist stuff, because it seems like all of Muhammad's leads are diminished. Don't get me wrong - I do like the diminished scale, but not as much as Muhammad does, apparently.:)

Official Necrophagist tab book for Epitaph is avaliable for purchase via the Necrophagist website.

http://www.necrophagist.de/Seiten/necrophagist_main.html

Under "Shop".

I know there's some fans here and there's no way you can argue with this since Muhammed wrote it himself as he was writing the album and this is just a printed version of it all. I've got mine ordered already. :cool:

Just incase anyone cares...I don't want to hear your opinion on their music kthx.

haha I saw that, think you'll tab a few songs from there onto gp for us cheap bastards? :p

I haven't tried to learn any Necrophagist stuff, because it seems like all of Muhammad's leads are diminished. Don't get me wrong - I do like the diminished scale, but not as much as Muhammad does, apparently.:)

where do you think the inspiration came for 'diminished to be'? :p

Hey Mitch, thanks for the tip on muting while sweep picking. Ill try it later on, because when I had been doing it, I always muted with my right hand.

Hey Mitch, thanks for the tip on muting while sweep picking. Ill try it later on, because when I had been doing it, I always muted with my right hand.

No problem. As I said to Mystique, left hand muting is essential when it comes to sweep picking. It's possible to not mute at all with your right hand so you should concentrate on that too.

Does anyone have any Arsis tabs?

Thanks dude, I've only seen the last one before.

Mystique: did you have a go at playing that Sinergy solo I tabbed?

What really helped me improve my sweep picking is Joe Stump's video called "2, 3, 4 & 5 string arpeggios" that you can find on emule or any other similar programs. Good stuff:headbang:.

What really helped me improve my sweep picking is Joe Stump's video called "2, 3, 4 & 5 string arpeggios" that you can find on emule or any other similar programs. Good stuff:headbang:.

But if course you can't really expand on what you're doing if you haven't got the basic muting stuff down yet otherwise you'll end up sounding like everyone on youtube.

Oh the irony, I suck at sweep picking.

Okay, ive posted this in the guitar thread but no one seems to responde so:
I have two question: 1.in the back of my guitar, inside the plate below the knob, there is a place for battery( with one in it of course). What is the purpose of that^ its connected to the two knobs and the switch.
and 2. is it possible to put active pickup on a guitar who got passive^Cause i dont really see space for battery(except the one i told you) I have hz h4 but the sound is kinda meh after ive tried the 81 one, so maybe i will change.

Okay, ive posted this in the guitar thread but no one seems to responde so:
I have two question: 1.in the back of my guitar, inside the plate below the knob, there is a place for battery( with one in it of course). What is the purpose of that^ its connected to the two knobs and the switch.
and 2. is it possible to put active pickup on a guitar who got passive^Cause i dont really see space for battery(except the one i told you) I have hz h4 but the sound is kinda meh after ive tried the 81 one, so maybe i will change.

The battery powers the pickup.

"Active pick-ups require an electrical source of energy to operate and include an electronic preamp, active filters, active EQ and other sound-shaping features." That's why there's a battery.

I don't *think* it's possible without a slight modification (a space cut out for the battery to go), but I could be wrong.