TAB Thread.

The battery powers the pickup.

"Active pick-ups require an electrical source of energy to operate and include an electronic preamp, active filters, active EQ and other sound-shaping features." That's why there's a battery.

I don't *think* it's possible without a slight modification (a space cut out for the battery to go), but I could be wrong.

but i have passive pickups:err: so wtf

Well if you've got a battery connected to a passive pickup, it's not going to do anything is it. You can't power a passive with a battery because it's running on the current of the magnets and all that stuff.

Take a pic or something.

'Sup people. I know I usually prefer Bodom related tabs n' shit up in here but I recently finished a transcription of a Paul Gilbert song from his new album and I'm pretty fucking happy with it since this is note-for-note my own work so I thought I'd share it with you lot too.

Paul Gilbert - The Curse of Castle Dragon:

http://download.yousendit.com/4A2D1D363864A37F

Some dude sent me a scan of this song from the tab book for the album, I got it fucking perfect. :lol: In fact, the book notated that huge diminished lick near then, wrong. :D

Hey Mitch, were any of those Arsis tabs any good?

Well tbh I only really know how The Face of my Innocence goes and the tab for that was horrible, there's never been a good tab of that song so I tabbed it myself today. The main riff is perfect, note wise but I'm not sure about the rhythm. I tried finishing off another one I had lying around too but the tone and production aren't that clear so it's a bitch trying to hear stuff.

Oh cool, I wasn't aware that you listened to them. That riff is awesome regardless of how simple it actually is. I'm really suprised how they can play in Drop C and not sound metalcore.

I love the solo after that too, the bit at about 3:01 sounds like "meow meow", soo cool. I love that dudes vibrato too.

They're an amazing band, I had a chance to see them close to where I live when they played with Demiricous (A band from my state), but I missed it becuase I didnt have a ride. I was really pissed.

Thanks dude, I've only seen the last one before.

Mystique: did you have a go at playing that Sinergy solo I tabbed?

not yet, Mitch. the night i was planning to play it, i got caught up in playing beer pong with some friends instead...and umm yeah, crazy night.
but i'm gonna play it in like 5 mins...i'll let you know how it goes.

Edit: ok, i just tried playing it and i get it for the most part, but i'm having trouble with the slurs...

E----i get this--10----but i can't slur all of these at once----------------------------
B-10-13-10----- ---10-12-13-slide-17-16-15----------------------
G--------------------------------------

cuz sliding down from 13 to 17 and then trying to pull off to make the 16th and 15th frets sound is impossible. unless i'm doing it wrong. cuz i always thought that slur is a hammer on or pull off. so how do you play that part?

I play it how it is in the tab, but I can understand what you mean. You just really need to pull off hard in order to get the notes to sound. Umm, kinda pull your fingers down towards the ground to get more force. I think it helps if you slide up to the E note pretty quick and hard so it still flows.

xshadowsoulsx said:
They're an amazing band, I had a chance to see them close to where I live when they played with Demiricous (A band from my state), but I missed it becuase I didnt have a ride. I was really pissed.

Wow that sucks, that's pretty much what happened to me when I had to miss Necrophagist on my birthday!!! I didn't have a clue how to get there.

Yeah, it sucked. I knew it was downtown, but thats it. Plus I saw two different starting times, and by the time I found out I could get a ride, I would have probably missed them if I were to leave then :(

How far are you on the TFOMI tab?

Thanks!

Another transcription. This time, it's Inearthed - Homeland II:

http://download.yousendit.com/6CFD689B16BDE801

Sounds pretty good to me.

And another. I just watched Towards Dead End live in Seoul and noticed something cool. There's a 5 string sweep lick during the intro when the main bit repeats and the tabs on the net all show it starting at the 12th fret but I just watched the video and it's at the 15th playing a shape that Alexi uses alot.

http://download.yousendit.com/1468369A499D4698

It makes perfect sense theoretically too. He's playing an Emin shape but the first 6 notes are over an Emin chord and when he plays the last note (G) on the high E string, it's over a Gmin chord, clever.

Thanks!

And another. I just watched Towards Dead End live in Seoul and noticed something cool. There's a 5 string sweep lick during the intro when the main bit repeats and the tabs on the net all show it starting at the 12th fret but I just watched the video and it's at the 15th playing a shape that Alexi uses alot.

http://download.yousendit.com/1468369A499D4698

It makes perfect sense theoretically too. He's playing an Emin shape but the first 6 notes are over an Emin chord and when he plays the last note (G) on the high E string, it's over a Gmin chord, clever.

woohoo, thats the way i played it!