TAB Thread.

I've been practising all the stuff in that Alexi Laiho sweep picking powertab I made recently and played every single like at 40bpm and then moved it up by 5 once I'd mastered it. I'm now at 55bpm I think. I'm hoping to get Towards Dead End and The Nail up to speed so I can record them both and pwn ppl wiv ma skillz. Unfortunately, The Nail looks like it's going to be a tad bit tricky to play at 110bpm.

Here's how Alexi plays The Nail on a live bootleg I have from 1999:

http://download.yousendit.com/53F12FB2500FB88A

Really fucking cool bit at the end there. It's not note for note exact but it's the right frets/key/strings etc.

I've been practising all the stuff in that Alexi Laiho sweep picking powertab I made recently and played every single like at 40bpm and then moved it up by 5 once I'd mastered it. I'm now at 55bpm I think. I'm hoping to get Towards Dead End and The Nail up to speed so I can record them both and pwn ppl wiv ma skillz. Unfortunately, The Nail looks like it's going to be a tad bit tricky to play at 110bpm.

Here's how Alexi plays The Nail on a live bootleg I have from 1999:

http://download.yousendit.com/53F12FB2500FB88A

Really fucking cool bit at the end there. It's not note for note exact but it's the right frets/key/strings etc.

So you can't sweep? I thought that with your great tabbing skills you're a master shredder. I recorded myself playing those sweeps last week along to metronome at 110bpm. I'll probably upload it to yousendit now and post the link here.

And what's the concert where they play The Nail? I have only one (rotterdam with kim and that was in 98) and Alexi played the part in measure 10 lower on the neck.

btw, I sent you a pm few days ago...no response yet :(

So you can't sweep? I thought that with your great tabbing skills you're a master shredder. I recorded myself playing those sweeps last week along to metronome at 110bpm. I'll probably upload it to yousendit now and post the link here.

And what's the concert where they play The Nail? I have only one (rotterdam with kim and that was in 98) and Alexi played the part in measure 10 lower on the neck.

btw, I sent you a pm few days ago...no response yet :(

I can sweep quite well but I haven't practised it in a long long time but I'm a bit rusty. I can play some fast stuff but there'll be a few notes that I miss and I want to have perfect technique so I often start from 40bpm and work my way up so I can iron out any bad things.

I can sweep quite well but I haven't practised it in a long long time but I'm a bit rusty. I can play some fast stuff but there'll be a few notes that I miss and I want to have perfect technique so I often start from 40bpm and work my way up so I can iron out any bad things.

what do you play in 40bpm? sixtuplets or triplets? I usually when I warm up I start sweeping triplets at 150-160 bpm and don't miss a note - that's when doing basic 3 and 5 string sweeps. Then later at faster speeds I find sweeping 5 strings easier than 3. I still have to work on my 3 string sweeps though...and that part in The Nail seems like a perfect exercise and also one of my favorite parts from their songs.:kickass:

I play sextuplets at 40bpm. I always warm up at slow speeds like that and get faster throughout the session. In your vid, I could only really hear the top notes, the accent should be on the lowest note.

I play sextuplets at 40bpm. I always warm up at slow speeds like that and get faster throughout the session. In your vid, I could only really hear the top notes, the accent should be on the lowest note.
lol "sex tuplets"
check your pm box

me too. it's just that I play for about and hour and a half working on different chromatic stuff and such before getting into sweeping so I'm already warmed up to the some extent and I start sweeps on once faster speed than you. I did it on 40 bpm too when I was getting into them though. What's your top speed when you can still do sixtuplets cleanly?

lol "sex tuplets"
check your pm box

Yeah, it's what they're called.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:sextuplet

_Nazgul_ said:
me too. it's just that I play for about and hour and a half working on different chromatic stuff and such before getting into sweeping so I'm already warmed up to the some extent and I start sweeps on once faster speed than you. I did it on 40 bpm too when I was getting into them though. What's your top speed when you can still do sixtuplets cleanly?

Fair enough. I usually just concentrate on one thing for ages. I used to be able to play Jason Becker's Serrana PERFECTLY at 110bpm when I practised every single day. I can play 3 string sweeps at about 110/120/130 now but 5 string has gone down to about 80/90.

That's nice Warheart! I'm at about 110/120 for both...depends on a day too..sometimes I can't do them at 100...and then the next day i'm flying away at 120. Do you maybe have a vid of playing serrana? I think I could do it at about 100 or so, but there's one pattern in it that's giving me problems and i'm too lazy to work on it :D.

No I don't have a video, I don't like recording things unless they're up to speed. I'm really bad at guitar for 5 years, I should be much better but I spend to much time on the computer. I'm up to 75bpm on the sweep picking powertab but I dno if I'll be able to get them that high.

_Nazgul_[/quote said:

The version I tabbed is:

"Children Of Bodom - (Live At Nummirock Festival - 1998) - 04 - The Nail"

I checked the live video and you're right, he plays this:

E-12p11-----------------11h12h14p12p11--
B-------13p12p10-12-13-------------------