TAB Thread.

E,E,E ?

Don't you want to do like the other ? Like taking a backing track and add solo to it ?

Well the jam thing is taking a backing track and soloing over it yeah but since I've got one of my guitars tuned to EEE, I thought it might be interesting to see if anyone can write something cool in that tuning now, just for fun.

you?! never! you're the "tab d00d." i could never reject you, mitch.

:cool: I guess I'll stay and look over the tab thread.

oh and that jam thing sounds like a good idea. count me in :)

Kewl, I just gotta think of a decent backing track. I've got a slow E phrygian thing but it goes on for a bit long. I could just alter it a bit I suppose but maybe someone else could submit a BT instead? :err:

E,E,E tunning ? If you had said "E" tunning or "D" tunning I would understand, but what is E,E,E ? (Sorry for my Guitars ignorance)

http://download.yousendit.com/FB5D81C95FB41BD2

It's what Paul Gilbert has been doing for a while and I decided to give it a go.

The strings are tuned in octaves so you can play this and it'll be only 3 notes but there will be a 3 octave range:

E-------------0-4-7--
E-------0-4-7--------
E-0-4-7--------------

The lick in the tab is something I'm currently working on.

(ignore the 3 low strings)

Here's Paul Gilbert playing a song he wrote on a 3 string guitar tuned to EEE:

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly was. I'm working on a tapping version of it since I don't have a human capo to help me play it. It won't sound half as good as the original though since I'm only going to be using one string/octave. I've nearly got it good, I might record it soon.

Doing another jam sounds like a great idea. That EEE tuning sounds a bit weird to me though (got to check that out).

Gilbert amazes me everytime I listen to his stuff it. That shit was awesome! :kickass: