TAB Thread.

That would work yeah. As long as they've both got decent stuff, it'll sound fine.

I should make a list of all the people that have recording facilities.

So far, I know:

Warheart
Ben Johnson
Epi
Mystique (webcam)
Shadowsouls?
Conti?

I know umosay can too but he doesn't post in here much.

Haven't seen Rock Hydra around here lately either.

sounds good to me.

do you think there would be a way where some of us can play the rhythm part and record it and others play the solo and record it and then put the rhythm and solo together? maybe we could even pair up. for example: shadowsouls can do a rhythm that he came up with and conti can then do a solo over it and we can put their two recordings together? like a real jam session :D

Why cant I record the solo? :cry: :lol: :p

That would work yeah. As long as they've both got decent stuff, it'll sound fine.

So far, I know:

Warheart
Ben Johnson
Epi
Mystique (webcam)
Shadowsouls?
Conti?

Yeah I have stuff to record with. :)

And yeah, I should keep my recordings, but I just get mad because I cant get them to sound good, so I just dont save it :erk:

You can use effects n stuff in most recording programs, just stick some chorus, reverb, delay, echo etc lol

I'm the opposite, I use a real dry guitar sound and then end up spending 5 hours trying to record 30 seconds. :erk:

So far, I know:

Warheart
Ben Johnson
Epi
Mystique (webcam)
Shadowsouls?
Conti?

lol yes I can record, turns out I can record straight into the comp with my metal master.

Hey Warheart. I have a microphone now, so I can record some stuff. Um....Why aren't we using a standard tuning again?

And this EEE tuning? so, what's the rest, EEEGBE?

You can use effects n stuff in most recording programs, just stick some chorus, reverb, delay, echo etc lol

I'm the opposite, I use a real dry guitar sound and then end up spending 5 hours trying to record 30 seconds. :erk:

Yeah, thats what I do. I use Amplitube. But I dont know any good settings, becuase I tried to record something a little while ago with 2 guitars, and it sounded too muddy, so I need to mess around with different amp settings.

Ive tried putting my guitar through my pedal first, but it doesnt sound to good.

lol yes I can record, turns out I can record straight into the comp with my metal master.

Shweet!

Hey Warheart. I have a microphone now, so I can record some stuff. Um....Why aren't we using a standard tuning again?

And this EEE tuning? so, what's the rest, EEEGBE?

I'm not saying we'd record in EEE, I was just saying as a side project thing. Don't worry about it. I suppose we'd all record in E if we did the actual playing version. I know a few people are teh gheyz and can't tune down FR's. :p

Paul uses a 3 string guitar tuned to EEE, there are no other strings.

Yeah, thats what I do. I use Amplitube. But I dont know any good settings, becuase I tried to record something a little while ago with 2 guitars, and it sounded too muddy, so I need to mess around with different amp settings.

Ive tried putting my guitar through my pedal first, but it doesnt sound to good.

Hmm, never heard of Amplitube so I wouldn't know if it's got the same stuff as Cool Edit Pro. I usually get a pretty decent tone from my effects thing and then add stuff after, but it's actually rare that I use alot of effects.

Maybe you should do a small recording so I can hear how the standard sound sounds. It might just be that's it a cheap pedal that's not really made for recording.

Hmm, never heard of Amplitube so I wouldn't know if it's got the same stuff as Cool Edit Pro. I usually get a pretty decent tone from my effects thing and then add stuff after, but it's actually rare that I use alot of effects.

Maybe you should do a small recording so I can hear how the standard sound sounds. It might just be that's it a cheap pedal that's not really made for recording.

Amplitube is a really good effects program. Its got a ton of different amp settings, and usually its really expensive (not that I would know :D)

Well the standard sound is just clean sounding, but with the pedal, its a little distortion. And its a Boss pedal.

Here's the first recording I did and I used my pedal on it (I dont know where my pedal is now, so I cant record with it :erk: ).

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5B4D13CC1EF96FE3

:confused: Why is it panned to the left?

And for the actual tone, you might want to take the gain down and the treble. It'll make it sound less grainy and a tad bit fuller but it sounds like my practise amp's distortion and there's not much you can do really to fix that kind of sound.

Well it was my first recording, so all I knew about using the software was recording and exporting as an mp3. But Ive fixed that for recent recordings.

Yeah, I didnt really like the sound it produced, so I dont use it anymore, I normally just use Amplitube because of all the different choices it gives.

Here's a screen shot of Amplitube. This is just the basic amp settings, there are other things in which you can get more in-depth with the effects.

amplitubess.jpg

So far, I know:

Warheart
Ben Johnson
Epi
Mystique (webcam)
Shadowsouls?
Conti?

I'm here, although having trouble with direct recordings now - can't seem to get it to work >_<

hey i don't wanna be the only one recording with a camera...can someone please tell me how to record the sound directly into my computer? i'm not very computer savvy, so i must ask.

Put a microphone in front of the amp, or plug it into your soundcard if you have one of those inputs.

I think I'll buy a good mic this week-end, and a new computer with a soundcard nextweek, so, I think you sould add me on if you don't expect anything to be reccord tommorow... But I'll do only keyboards, no guitar.