TAB Thread.

Me too but I have that effects thing so it's not toooo bad.

Ahh well, participating is better than not participating. :kickass:

yeah, i'll still give it a shot i guess. but hey, how do i plug my amp into my computer? isn't that what you said to do? i mean i have a headphone input in my amp and i have my headphones with me, but i'm just sitting here clueless about how my amp and computer can connect :confused:

Me too but I have that effects thing so it's not toooo bad.

Ahh well, participating is better than not participating. :kickass:

That's the spirit!

Oh, by the way...um...Do we have a backing track yet? Are we going to make one up, or are we going to use a backing track from another song? Are we keeping it at the same like...11 measures I think it was?

yeah, i'll still give it a shot i guess. but hey, how do i plug my amp into my computer? isn't that what you said to do? i mean i have a headphone input in my amp and i have my headphones with me, but i'm just sitting here clueless about how my amp and computer can connect :confused:

You'll need this:

cable_audio_18.jpg

and possibly one of these:

18to14adapter.jpg

Connect it to the line out or headphone out on your amp, then itno the line in (blue port on the sound car) or the the Microphone port (pink port).

You'll need this:

cable_audio_18.jpg

18to14adapter.jpg

i have those (if the first one is a regular guitar amp cable) but how would that fit into the small input of my computer? unless it's the size of a regular headphones thing, cuz then i don't have it.

edit: what's the first one called? cuz i just realized i don't have that.

That's the spirit!

Oh, by the way...um...Do we have a backing track yet? Are we going to make one up, or are we going to use a backing track from another song? Are we keeping it at the same like...11 measures I think it was?

I don't know what we're using yet and I don't know if it'll be a GP or a recording jam. Shadowsouls said he wanted to try making a backing track so I'll wait to hear that first. I didn't plan the bar number, it was just an intro, 4 bars and then an outro which is probably what we'd do again. Or maybe double it.

You'll need this:

cable_audio_18.jpg

18to14adapter.jpg

Connect it to the line out or headphone out on your amp, then itno the line in (blue port on the sound car) or the the Microphone port (pink port).

That's not it, you'll need a LARGE to SMALL so it'll fit in.

I don't know what we're using yet and I don't know if it'll be a GP or a recording jam. Shadowsouls said he wanted to try making a backing track so I'll wait to hear that first. I didn't plan the bar number, it was just an intro, 4 bars and then an outro which is probably what we'd do again. Or maybe double it.

That's not it, you'll need a LARGE to SMALL so it'll fit in.

yeah, that's why he posted the pic of the 2nd one. the 1st one goes into the 2nd one, which goes into your amp. and then i guess the other end of the first one goes into your computer? what's that first one called?

yeah, that's why he posted the pic of the 2nd one. the 1st one goes into the 2nd one, which goes into your amp. and then i guess the other end of the first one goes into your computer? what's that first one called?

Ahh I see. He obviously does it round the other way.

I use a normal guitar wire (large jack) and stick an adaptor (LARGE to SMALL) on the end and put that in my computer.

well i was planning on going to sam ash today (that's one of the big music stores here, i don't know if you guys have it in england) but it's thankgiving and everything is closed. but i'll go tomorrow to pick up that cable and some strings. btw, what strings do you guys suggest?

well i was planning on going to sam ash today (that's one of the big music stores here, i don't know if you guys have it in england) but it's thankgiving and everything is closed. but i'll go tomorrow to pick up that cable and some strings. btw, what strings do you guys suggest?

Nah, we don't have that store here. No Guitar Centre either.

You're going to buy the cable instead of the adaptor?

Hey Mitch, if I make a backing track, you want me to put it in standard tuning? Becuase if I record it, it'll have to be in D.

Either is fine, I can transpose it with Cool Edit Pro.

Here's a part of Lake Bodom in E tuning:

http://download.yousendit.com/0544A52E0E2B8347

As you can hear, the guitars are ok but the drums sound a bit thinner.

Why can't you tune to E, Floyd Rose...?

Nah, we don't have that store here. No Guitar Centre either.

You're going to buy the cable instead of the adaptor?

Either is fine, I can transpose it with Cool Edit Pro.

Here's a part of Lake Bodom in E tuning:

http://download.yousendit.com/0544A52E0E2B8347

As you can hear, the guitars are ok but the drums sound a bit thinner.

Why can't you tune to E, Floyd Rose...?

or yeah, i meant the adapter if it's more efficient. should i get DR strings? like alexi suggests :)

Was that just a cover somebody did?

And yeah, becuase of my Floyd Rose.

Ill make a few in GP, and then you can say which you really like, their more simple though. I might try a more difficult one though.

or yeah, i meant the adapter if it's more efficient. should i get DR strings? like alexi suggests :)

Go for it. I've got them and I've noticed they actually ARE much brighter and they stay like that for weeks! Usually, Ernie Ball stings just go black and sound crap unplugged after about a day of playing. I noticed that they're much stretchier too when I'm pulling on the whammy bar.

Was that just a cover somebody did?

And yeah, becuase of my Floyd Rose.

Ill make a few in GP, and then you can say which you really like, their more simple though. I might try a more difficult one though.

Damn it man, just learn how to work it!!! It's so easy. :erk:

That wasn't a cover, I said I could transpose stuff in CEP and that was Lake Bodom transposed from C# to E, couldn't you tell by the vocals? :lol:

Yeah, tab some stuff in GP first. Don't make it too complicated though, we want it to sound good so make sure you can play it. :p Or at least someone can.

Ahh I see. He obviously does it round the other way.

I use a normal guitar wire (large jack) and stick an adaptor (LARGE to SMALL) on the end and put that in my computer.

Yeah i was trying that yesterday, to line in/mic etc but none would work. When i used to record i had guitar > amp > amp line out > pc line in

But i tried guitar straight to pc yesterday - btw is it the same using a big adapter into the guitar and having a small lead to pc?