TAB Thread.

Alright, thanks. :headbang:

Im gonna try and record some stuff now.

So I did the intro to Chokehold really quickly, just to show the sound I get. Im not really pleased with it, but I dont wanna mess with it any more. :p

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=4FFA8A06269C0A25

The sound is pretty good imo. :)

So, if we're doing this "real" jam thing, I could be a volunteer for making that BT?

I mean converting it from gp -> mp3. Whatever suits you guys. :cool:

Reactions: Mystique1721
I think it'd be best if Epi recorded the rhythm for it yeah, he has the best tone I've heard so far on here.

So alot of people have been responding in relation to the recording jam, does that mean it's going to happen this time round?

And are we going to use that Alexi documentary solo as the BT?

I think it'd be best if Epi recorded the rhythm for it yeah, he has the best tone I've heard so far on here.

So alot of people have been responding in relation to the recording jam, does that mean it's going to happen this time round?

And are we going to use that Alexi documentary solo as the BT?

You mean the "Hellion" cover thing? I love soloing over that! :kickass:

Plus, I've already made a BT from it. ;)

Sweet. I think I'll need to do some editing because there's going to be about 6 or more people participating and it might end before that.

Oh yeah, you need to upload it. :p

Sweet. I think I'll need to do some editing because there's going to be about 6 or more people participating and it might end before that.

Oh yeah, you need to upload it. :p

Well, yeah I noticed after I posted that the BT I have won't do because of course there's gonna be more than one solo. :D

How about if you do the BT with GP and upload it and I'll convert it to mp3 and use my soundfonts? This is just a suggestion and I didn't entirely get what you meant with the editing? :D You mean you copy/paste the rhythm from the solo part etc. from my Hellion BT? I don't know, I'm tired.. :D

Yeah I meant copy and pasting the backing track because I don't know how many people are going to be doing it and we'll need an intro and outro to give time to stop and have space before the next solo etc.

Maybe I could do it in the same way that I've seen it done.

Provide a backing track that's about 1 minute long or in this case, one time through of the riff and then get each person to solo over it and upload their contribution but with JUST the lead guitar and then I'll paste all the leads over one giant backing track that I can make by copying and pasting it all together.

Or the 2nd option is to get one player to record something over the backing track then just upload that as an mp3 and then get the next player to play after it, but this way we'd need to know how many people are taking part so we can prepare the BT.

So much effort. :erk:

Yeah it is. Though...I suggest uploading it as a WAV file, or maybe a lossless audio format like OGG or FLAC so the end result doesn't lose quality. MP3s deteriorate in qualty FAST.

Yeah, it'll be confusing on how to get it to work. Because we cant have one giant backing track and trade it off because there would probably be about 4 different ones. I kinda like recording with the backing track, then taking it out before you upload it, and then having Mitch put them all together, if that would work.

But yeah, lets go with the Alexi doc. BT.

Good stuff, althought I reccommed recording at leat 2 rhythm tracks exactly the same, panned about 85% left and right for a better and tighter sound.

Yeah I know. Did that at first but i kept screwing up with the second guitar and decided not to record it now. Maybe some other day. :erk: